“Not Usually a Hard Rock Fan”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #273 of 5,835 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: American, Bar, Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Central Business District
New York City, New York
“Not Usually a Hard Rock Fan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

But this is one of the few places in Sydney where they know how to do wings. So, when in need of decent, spicy chicken wings, that's the place I go.

Visited October 2012

• Turkish first
Burleson, Texas
“American food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

The waitress and waiter couldn't have been any nicer and the food was good. The view of Darling Harbour was awesome.

Visited October 2012
SydneyAGM, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Hi Kay,

We're very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience here and also happy to hear the staff took great care of you.

We hope you enjoyed your visit in Sydney.

Thank you for sharing the positive feedback.

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Well You been to one you been them all.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

If you have been to any of the HRD around the world you know what to expect. The food, well its so so. The servers are great! Get a seat by the harbor window. The shop well you guess it, a huge rip off.

Honeslty to go get your t-shirt or what ever you collect and find a better meal someplace else. In fact you to Paddy's market get the same t-shirt for $8 AUS!

2 Thank F5993GMericd
Singapore
“Worst experience ever....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Having eaten at over 11 Hard Rocks over the years this sadly has made me think to not go to another again.
Items unavailable such as no pork for the famous pulled pork sandwich, no large mineral water and the service was dire. If you are Darling Harbour do not waste your money and visit somewhere else...the hard rock motto of 'Love all, Serve all' does not apply at this place either as the surly staff do not make up for the poor menu

SydneyAGM, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for sharing your comments and secondly offer my sincere apologies for your experience. It is very rare that we run out of items and I am very sorry that it occurred upon your visit. I am surprised to hear you found the staff unwelcoming and the menu poor, we recently launched this menu with more localized items and we have received positive reviews. I want to assure you that we have spoken with all our staff to make sure that we always deliver service you would come to expect from the Hard Rock brand.
Your feedback is much appreciated and I do hope you will not let this experience deter you from visitng other Hard Rock Cafes around the world, as we all strive to deliver authentic experiences that rock.
If you are ever in Sydney again I would love to have you back in, please feel free to contact if you would like to discuss anything further.

Sydney, Australia
“Very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

First let me say I have been to a few different Hard Rocks, and I've always loved the food and the vibe. I've gone twice to Sydney's.The first time we told them we were on a time limit (had tickets to see a move at the Imax theatre), and they assured us it would be fine. We waited 10 minutes to get our waiters attention and the meal took 30 minutes to arrive. We had 10 minutes to eat and leave and the food was pretty average for the price. The second visit the service was also disorganised, but nice and helpful otherwise. Food was pretty slow to arrive, and all our meals were pretty dry and overcooked.

But I will say they make the BEST thickshakes!

Next time I go, it will be to sit at the bar and enjoy a few margaritas first. Maybe then I won't care so much about the food and the service!

• Visited November 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I'm sorry to hear we did not live up to your expectations with our food & service. I can assure that I have addressed the issues you have brought up with the service staff and have also spoken with the Kitchen Manager regarding the quality of food.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our Milkshakes and I hope you will return in the near future so we can provide the food & service that you would expect from the Hard Rock brand.