“HAPPY with the massage but NOT HAPPY with the customer service”

Chang Sabai Thai Massage & Spa
Ranked #2 of 91 Spas & Wellness in Sydney
Reviewed February 10, 2014

bought a 90 mins massage package through Groupon and made a reservation through the website. We made an appointment at 8pm. It was pretty frustrating from getting into the building and catch the lift to the message place.

Firstly, when we found the building, the building was locked. There was no bell or any button to press and call up people to open the door. Luckily when we was about to call up Chang Sabai for help, someone came out from the building so we got in.

Secondly, when we got inside the elevator, we realised that we need a card to swipe in order to access level 2..just like some of the elevators in residential buildings. As soon as we found out the lift is not moving, we pressed G to get out..and somehow..because there were doors on both side of the lift and somehow we end up inside the restaurant..took us a while to get back into the lobby. We called for help. My friend told me that he doesn't understand so phone got passed to me..the lady told me "I told your friend to wait before the lift." then conversation ended.
once we got back into the lobby and someone came down the pick us up..

The staff doesn't seem like in a good mood when she came out from the lift. I said Hi to her with a smile and she just had no response.
when we got into the place, she tried to confirm the booking with me by asking my name and friends name. Then she said to me " Your name is here but your friend's name is not here" she showed me the schedule book (and she doesn't seem too happy about it). She made me feel like as if i did something wrong. I showed her my confirmation email for 2 people then she started to call up people for help.

I am not quite sure if this is just the way she is or if she was not in a good mood. but she seemed impatient and the way she talked to me just don't make me feel comfortable/ welcome.

Oh well..if anyone wanna to book massage, maybe book an appointment before 6pm!?..I guess the security locked the building at 6 or something. Check out their website.

Apart from the bad experience at the beginning..I have to say that they do give good massages. The Groupon package included the foot massage, body massage and head massage. I personally don't really like their foot massage but I am happy with the body massage. I guess because the foot massage is too soft for me. But i like how they use a tower to blind fold you while sitting on the sofa/ chair. so that no lights will go into my eyes. The body massage and was great! I almost fell asleep. they asked you how hard or soft massage would you like. The strength she massaged my body was just right. the head massage was pretty good too. and i like the tea they gave me after the massage. SWEET!

1  Thank FlozZil
There are newer reviews for Chang Sabai Thai Massage & Spa

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have gone to a few several places in Sydney and have found that this place is the best I have come across!
I do not go anywhere else now as I love the service and the massage beds are comfortable and the music is so relaxing!

Would never hesitate to recommend Chang Sabai.

3  Thank 4evadiamonds
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I went with girl friend . We both enjoyed . But i felt a bit uncomfortable at the beginning that I was served by a male therapist which I was not told. i was already undressed and lied down. I felt bad if I refused him as he was polite. Lucky , most of time he was at my back then I can't see him. No doubt that he was professional but I would rather be asked before going in treatment room. I would ask for lady therapist next time if I go back.

3  Thank Alice S
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Bought the voucher of this one on the deal . The massage session was good.
The place was small but convenient. There is worth to try this place!!!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Four friends and myself purchased vouchers from travel zoo for 60 min massage and 15 minute foot massage. Booking in was a nightmare. The staff speak very little English and seemed quite rude. When we found the place it's in a large office building and there is sign on the window to call so they can come down and let you in - bit strange you wonder where they are taking you. We were rushed through given quick foot massages then told to go I to different rooms for massages. My male masseuse told me to tell him if it was hurting and when I did he just laughed . Two other friends could not move there shoulder or had a really bad back that afternoon a d the next few days. We were not impressed as we were on holidays. This is the worst Thai massage I have ever had. I have been to Thailand twice and had numerous massages over there as well as in Australia so definitely would not go back or recommend this place.

9  Thank MicTra_11