“Pizza withdrawal”

Lucio Pizzeria
Ranked #114 of 5,833 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Darlinghurst
Description: Lucio Pizzeria, founded and owned by Chef Lucio De Falco, brings the traditional taste of Naples to Sydney. We are a proud member of the AVPN.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pizza withdrawal”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Travelled a distance..

Salad was amazing.

Wanted to eat a quality pizza for a while, and I wasn't disappointed.

Atmosphere was high. Location unique, interest high.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Expensive for a pizzeria”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

One little dish with 4 pieces of octopus $20.50???? I recon it's too much.
One dish with 6 pieces ( 2 arancini, 2 croquet, 2 fried pizza ) each one the size of a 50 cents coin or slightly bigger with almost no taste $18.50…..this is also too much.
We had 2 entrees, 4 pizzas and 1 dessert.
The pizza was ok but i just don't see how this place has been rated n.2 Pizzeria in Sydney…it is just incomparable with Via Napoli in Lane Cove or De vita in Manly.
I won't go back…simple!
P.S. the waiter that served our table was really good…the owner…..really grumpy.

2 Thank Dario S
Sydney, Australia
“Far and away the best pizza in Sydney...and at a great price!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had the Diavola and Quattro Formaggi pizzas at Lucio's when we went there for dinner recently. This was by far the best pizza experience that we have had in Sydney. The crust was thin and cooked just right. The sauce was beautiful and tangy and the seasoning perfect.

The service was extremely quick and prompt. ANd all this at a very reasonable price!

While we didn't have a lot, the antipasti platter that other patrons ordered look amazing. The wine list was also quite decent.

We will definitely be making numerous visits to Lucio's!

1 Thank Chatur
Williamston, Michigan
“Best pizza I've ever had”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Absolutely outstanding pizza. This is a genuine Italian restaurant slightly hidden away in a college-partying area of Sydney. The service was great. This is my favorite restaurant in Sydney.

• Visited December 2013
“turned away as doughs finished!!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I called the restaurant at 7:30pm to book a table, they said they did not reserve tables as I had to show up to be put in a list and then be seated. I asked for the waiting time and they said roughly half hour. My boyfriend and I literally run to grab a taxi and be at the restaurant as soon as possible, after all the way we arrived at 8:07pm to be told that they run out of doughs for pizza hence they had to turn us away...they say they are open from 6 to 10pm so I wonder how many doughs they prepare for Friday nights (considering that it is a Pizzeria) as well as what they are going to do for the rest of the time without food!!! I will never come back...wouldn't like to be promised a seat and then be let down again, who knows! We went to Spigolo instead, great vibe and food. Byeeee

1 Thank eye2details