“Good location & Great room”

Meriton Suites Campbell Street, Sydney
Ranked #9 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Meriton just for one night. I booked the studio room but got upgraded to 1 bedroom apartment due to unavailability of the studio room on that day. The room was spacious and great with a balcony. It was very clean. The location was in Thaitown in line with Chat Thai restaurant and near Chinatown. So, there's no problem if you want to get some food nearby. It's also within walking distance to QVB, World Square and Pitt Street Mall. And there's a bus stop near the hotel where you can take the no. 555 free shuttle bus. Overall the stay was wonderful. The only one thing was when i was checking out in the morning the lobby was so hot & there're a lot of people waiting to check in. Should had got the air con on in the lobby even it's morning.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
MSACampbellStreet, Manager at Meriton Suites Campbell Street, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear marniewa

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay on Trip Advisor.

Being centrally located in the heart of Sydney allows our guests to explore our wonderful attractions and culture. As you mentioned, the free Shuttle Bus 555 allows you to travel to Circular Quay and to explore some of the sights of our city in comfort. I am happy that you got to experience the different restaurants that are located nearby.

I was disappointed to read that you found our lobby to be hot, we do have technicians service our air conditioners in the lobby on a regular basis as they do run continually to ensure guest comfort is maintained, I will forward your comments to them for review.

Marniewa, thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton Campbell Street in the future.

Acting Hotel

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Apartment was great, very clean and I loved having a washing machine and dryer. We were also able to check in a few hours early, which was good.

I did have a few issues though. We called to arrange a cot for our son. The staff member said they were getting 'smashed' (as in, they were very busy) and were having problems with their computer system being slow, but it was not a problem and they would fix up the request for us. There was no cot or request for it on record, and no cots available at the property. We had to wait hours for a cot from another property, which meant our son skipped his nap.

The next issue I had was with the cleaning. Firstly, this was done quite late. After a big day out with two small children and getting back at 4pm, it would've been nice for the room to have already been serviced before our return, but we were always back before the cleaner had been or finished. Secondly, we always feed our son yogurt and fruit purees from reuseable squeezy pouches, which are quite expensive to buy. We left these in the sink for washing up, however the cleaner just threw them out without us realising. He also threw out a plate of untouched food I had prepared but not yet eaten. This was very annoying, not to mention I had to go and buy more food and pouches. The response from staff was just 'sorry about that'.

Room Tip: We had a high room, but it still wasn't a good view - not sure if any of the rooms have a great...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Akw101

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Meriton Serviced Apartments and for reviewing your recent stay.

I was pleased to read you found our apartments clean and well equipped. Our apartments certainly are ideal for travellers both long and short term, with a kitchen and as you mentioned a laundry it makes travelling away so much easier. I was however disappointed that your child missed his nap as we could not supply you with a baby cot for your apartment on arrival, and that it took time to arrange one to get from another property.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that you found our housekeeping department to be too thorough when servicing the apartment. This does sound very out of character for our Housekeeping team. I have passed on your feedback to the Housekeeping Manager who has spoken to staff member involved and corrective action has been taken to ensure our usual high standards are maintained with all of our apartments.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope this experience has not deterred you to choose to stay with us at Meriton Serviced Apartments Campbell Street in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was our first stop on our Honeymoon, originally our UK travel agent had booked us in an Ibis around the corner, but when I found the reviews on here and that we could get 5 nights for the same price our agent had booked for the Ibis it was a no brainer for us and I am so glad we did.

We arrived very early in the morning thanks to our flight schedule, staff at check in were very accommodating and friendly and explored every possible option to get us in a room, but couldn't quite manage it, although they arranged for a suitable room to be first on the housekeeping list as soon as someone checked out. They also cut us a key to get into the swimming pool area so we could get showered and changed to refresh ourselves after over 24 hours flying.

2 hours later and our room was ready on our return, a studio apartment, fantastically spacious, well decorated and comfortable throughout. Tea and coffee facilities in the room meant we could sort out a brew to wake ourselves up.

A very comfortable large bed, kitchenette, table and chairs, sofa and walk in shower all made for a great room and a relaxing place to stay, the location was fantastic too.

Staff were always friendly at all times of day and night and the pool and jacuzzi were very nice and a welcome addition as well.

We were also pleasantly surprised by the level of daily service, for somewhere advertising itself as a serviced apartment the level of service was for me as good as any hotel.

The only comment to add was that we couldn't manage to shower without water leaking out onto the bathroom floor, don't know if it was just that room or a design floor, but it didn't spoil our enjoyment at all.

Room Tip: The higher the better for the view over the city!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear theders,

Thank you for your fabulous review on your recent stay.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and made good use of the facilities that we offer. After a long day of sightseeing it is always a great way to come back to relax and unwind, whether it is for a swim in our pool or to relax in the spa.

It is wonderful that you were able to check in prior to our guaranteed check in of 2pm and that our staff were accommodating and friendly. Our team works hard to ensure our guests have a comfortable stay and I am glad you experienced this first hand.

Meriton Serviced Apartments Campbell Street strives to provide luxurious accommodation at a reasonable price whether you are staying with us for business or leisure. As you mentioned, our apartments have everything you need including a fully functional kitchen and laundry.
Thank you for your feedback in regards to the shower. I have passed these comments to the relevant department for review and I am glad this did not spoil your enjoyment at all.

Theders, thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton Campbell Street soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Centrally located, on the "free" busline all the way to Circular Quay, opera house and all points in between. Darling harbor is a ten minute walk, and the Chinese market place a five minute walk. Loved that the apartment had a washer, dryer and detergent. Great kitchen and dining area. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: ask for a room "with a view" (of the harbor or greenspace)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

It is wonderful that you thought we had it all! Being conveniently situated across from the Capital Theatre and within walking distance to many of Sydney’s sights and travel options it allows our guests to make the most of the city whether here for business or pleasure.

Victoria K, thank you for recommending us and we look forward to hosting your next stay.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Excellent apartment with nice views; everything you could want - particularly welcomed was the tea/coffee making facilities.
It is a fair walk from everything apart from Darling Harbour, but that was not really a problem for us. There is a nice Thai restaurant next door.
There are a couple of reasons that I only give 3 stars. There were problems getting into our apartment - despite asking for an early check-in. We arrived at around 11.00am and were told that the apartment was not ready but that we could get a phonecall when it was. Remembering that check-in for everyone was from 2.00pm, we arrived back at the Meriton at around 1.15pm to be told that the apartment would not be ready much before 2.00pm. Nothing seemed to be happening at 2.00pm so I made further enquiries - to be told that nobody had recorded that we had already arrived and that the apartment was still not ready because they had been very full the previous night! I was not impressed by that explanation - it should have been a problem for them, but not for us. We eventually were given a different apartment at around 2.30pm but as some sort of recompense, we were given a complimentary late check-out time, which was very handy.
Also, we found that our room had not been serviced one day after returning from site-seeing but this was quickly organised following a call to reception,

Room Tip: Get a high up room for the views, but it appears that very few of the apartments will have direct vi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear alunmorgan50,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It is pleasing to read that you found your apartment to be excellent and enjoyed the view. As you mentioned we do have a number of nice restaurants located within walking distance. I am thrilled that you got to experience this by eating at the Thai restaurant next door.

Meriton Serviced Apartments guaranteed check in time is from 2pm, after looking into your booking I can see that you checked in at 2.11pm. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your room was not ready by our guaranteed check in time. I was however pleased that you were given a complimentary late check out to compensate you for this delay. I have passed on your feedback to our Housekeeping Manager who will be monitoring staff to ensure all apartments are being released prior to the check in time of 2pm.

I apologise that your room was not cleaned by the time you arrived back to your room after sightseeing on one of the days spent with us. I am happy to see that after speaking with reception your room was promptly serviced.

Alunmorgan50, thank you again for your feedback as it is through feedback such as yours which assists us to continually improve our services to ensure our guests have a comfortable stay. On behalf of the team at Meriton Campbell Street, we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Meriton Serviced Apartments in Sydney were a pleasant surprise for me and my wife in our travel to Sydney. You know those hotels where everything is perfect, everything works, everything is new and shiny? That is how these wonderful apartments are. I travelled from Europe and I knew nothing about Meriton and I booked it after consulting Trip Advisor. I will never regret it. I was not happy with many accommodations I stayed in throughout Australia and when compared with others, this is really luxury. Five to 10 minutes walk to the centre of the town, 10 minutes walking to Darling Bay and a free bus every 10 minutes, just across the road, to all Sydney’s icons, including Opera House and Circular Quay, The Rocks and many other attractions. Do not expect great views because the building is in the middle of other skyscraper but DO expect comfort, quality and efficiency. This hotel definitely exceeded our expectations. Even if you do not use the room as an apartment (that was our case but good kitchenware, wash machine and dryer are available) this is your HOME in Sydney. Do NOT hesitate.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear yetimaria,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay here at Meriton Campbell Street and for your kind words.

It is wonderful that the reviews on Trip Advisor assisted you in choosing your accommodation in Sydney, and you were not disappointed. Our team work hard to ensure our guests have a comfortable stay and I am pleased you were able to experience this first hand.

Meriton designs our apartments for the modern traveller. With everything you need including a fully functional kitchen, laundry and free WI-FI, it makes travelling away from home much easier. I am happy that you found your apartment to be “luxury”.

Yetimaria, Thank you again for your fantastic feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Sydney.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

5 star experience for a fraction of the cost. Location ideal for gateway to all the sights - great having the free public transport (555 bus) to Circular Quay so close. Room comfortable and spacious with all necessary appliances etc. Staff friendly and helpful. Can highly recommend this accomodation

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear alistair m,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on your recent stay.

As you mentioned, our convenient location coupled with our competitive price and spacious rooms makes us a great choice for travellers. I am glad you found our apartments to be a perfect for you.

Alistair m, thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton Campbell Street.