“Excellent apartment in excellent location”

Meriton Suites Campbell Street, Sydney
Ranked #7 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Perth, Australia
“Excellent apartment in excellent location”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I went for a short holiday to Sydney and stayed in the studio apartment. I must say that I had a good deal from their website. The location is unbeatable, only minutes walking from train station, but the apartment was quiet.
As my flight arrived at 9 in the morning, I emailed the apartment asking if I can store my luggage as it was well before check in time. They replied that they will try to arrange for an early check it for me, but I would not want to hold my breath for it. Surprisingly, when I arrived at about 10AM, the reception said that my room is ready.
The studio room is very spacious, clean and well equipped. And not like any other serviced apartment that I have stayed, they were not stingy with toiletries and kitchen stuffs. Laundry detergent was even provided.
I will definitely stay in this apartment again for my next trip to Sydney.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank shermawan
MSACampbellStreet, Manager at Meriton Suites Campbell Street, Sydney, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear shermawan,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Meriton Campbell Street.

Meriton designs our apartments to benefit travellers. With a fully functional kitchen and laundry within each spacious apartment it makes travelling away from home so much easier.

It is fantastic that your room was available at 10am instead of our guaranteed check in time of 2pm. We understand that arriving early after a flight can be tiring and our team will always work hard to ensure each arrival to our hotel is as smooth as possible, I am glad you were happily surprised.

Shermawan, thank you for recommending our hotel and we look forward to hosting your next visit to Sydney.

Senior Manager on Duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,306)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Near carlisle
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My Daughter and I stayed in the Meriton serviced apartments on Cambell street in Sydney for 6 nights. We were on the 11th floor which looked out onto the back of Cambell street, There was very little noise at night. The apartments had everything you would need for your stay, washer, dryer, microwave, toaster,fridge, wifi,Large television,i.pod docking station, lovely bathroom with shower, really comfortable large sized bed, fluffy pillows. The apartments are only 2 year old, lovely and clean.Was impressed with the location aswell. Free bus stop over the road. would definately stay there again if i had the chance of returning to Sydney.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank shirley b
Dear shirley b,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Meriton Campbell Street and for your recent review.

It is fabulous that your trip to Sydney was such a positive one and this was enhanced by staying with us at Meriton Campbell Street. As you mentioned, our apartments have everything you need to be self-sufficient. We believe that when you travel you should have the benefits of home even though you are away from home, and as we are now a Trip Advisor Travellers choice winner for 2013 our guests are agreeing with us.

Shirley b, we hope to welcome both your daughter and yourself back to Meriton Campbell Street the next time you visit Sydney.

Sydney
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed in a studio - room size was good and the fit out was great. The room was very quiet.
Best hotel staff ever (front of house and housekeeping).

Note - the thai place 2 doors up wont honour the promotion for a free wine if you stay at the merit on.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear chillin335,

Thank you for you five star review and your kind words.

It is wonderful that your stay was enjoyable and the staff left a great impression on you. Our team works hard to ensure our guests have a comfortable stay and I am glad you experienced this first hand.

On behalf of the team here, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Colorado
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Arriving on the train from the airport it was a quick 10 minute walk to the hotel from the Sydney train station. Stayed here for 4 delightful nights at the beginning of our Australia journey. Great location, clean rooms, modern accomodations - all you need for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Up off the street gets you away from the traffic noise - we heard an occasional emergency vehicle.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve W
MSACampbellStreet, Manager at Meriton Suites Campbell Street, Sydney, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Steve W,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us.

It is great to see you spent your first 4 nights in Sydney comfortably in one of our apartments.

Steve W, thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to you staying with us again, at Meriton Campbell Street.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've just returned from a 12 night stay at the Campbell Street Meriton Apartments. I arrived at 5:30am off a flight from the UK, and the guy behind the desk offered me either a room straight away or to come back a few hours later and get the slightly larger one on the that I had been allocated (which he told me was worth waiting on, and he wasn't wrong!). All the staff I dealt with were just as friendly, efficient and helpful as he had been - one of the very best things about my stay here. One of the best overall staff/service experiences I think I've ever had in all my travels.

I was in a one bedroom apartment on the 37th floor. It had a great view over the city, and a large balcony to sit and enjoy the view of the sun went down. It was modern, light and very well equipped. Had a separate bedroom, 2 bathrooms, a large living room and kitchen. It had a great large fridge freezer, good oven & hob and microwave so was able to cook easily. There is a large Coles supermarket one block away, which is open until midnight and very handy indeed. There was also a full sized washing machine and dryer, with laundry liquid supplied too. I don't think I could really fault all these facilities - 2 good sized TVs as well with plenty of cable channels. The only teeny tiny issues I had were that the pillows were a bit firm and big for me, but one of the staff went out of her way to try and find a smaller one for me (she went through all the supply cupboard measuring to try and find the smallest!).

The location of the apartment was great, in Chinatown and on the corner of George Street and Campbell Street. The central station was a couple of minutes away, and there was so much eye popping choice of shopping nearby! To get down to circular quay, botanic gardens, opera house etc was easy too - 3 stops on the regular train (6 minute journey) I found was the best way to go. There were also always taxis outside the apartments if I needed one.

I felt very at home here, which I think is the best thing you can feel when staying away in a hotel or apartment. The staff were there when you needed them to be, but weren't intrusive at all. I very rarely heard any noise from other guests, just once or twice the footsteps of the person above and being so high up was a treat too - just the gentle hum of city life going on below us.

So I could highly recommend staying here if you are thinking of visiting Sydney. It's my 4th time here and EASILY the best place I have stayed in the city. I've travelled a lot around the world and stayed in some very nice hotels and apartments and I would certainly say this one ranks very highly up there. Although I had 12 nights here, I was sorry to leave and definitely would stay there if I went back. I wish there were Meriton Apartments in other locations around the globe too!

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking George Street side of the city, room 3705. It was excellent, ask for a room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear TracyTangerine,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay here at Meriton Campbell Street.

It is rewarding to find your apartment was comfortable and suitable for your time in Sydney and the overall experience was a delight.

As you mentioned, our location is great. With an abundance of public transport to make getting around so much easier, Meriton Campbell Street would certainly be the ideal accommodation for any traveller.

Your comment in regards to the service experience upon check in and throughout your stay is wonderful. I’ll be sure to forward on your praise to the team as it is feedback such as yours that continually motivate our team to deliver the best in customer service and accommodation.

TracyTangerine, thank you again for taking the time to review us and we thoroughly look forward to hosting your next stay in Sydney.

Breda, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here for three nights early in September. The location is wonderful, close to Chinatown and a walk of approximatly 30 min to the Opera House and the Botanic Gardens. I stayed in one of the studio appartments. The bed was very comfortable and the room, kitchen and bathroom were very clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Richarda D
Dear Richarda D,

Thank you for your recent review.

It is wonderful that you were very pleased with the upkeep of the apartment and our location being convenient for your Sydney City trip.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Rome, Georgia
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Staff, facilities, room, building location and price were all very good. Located within walking distance of the main train station. I do not think there was a restaurant attached and so no rating on that. Used the lap pool but not the spa.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Alan H,

Thank you for your feedback.

It is fantastic that your time in Sydney exceeded your expectations and this was enhanced by staying with us at Meriton Campbell Street.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Sydney.