“A fantastic flight in a great spec helicopter”

Blue Sky Helicopters
Ranked #24 of 370 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Sydney Airport's longest established & only locally owned helicopter company. Our mission is to bring the beauty of Sydney and its magnificent surrounds to you in safety and comfort.
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Mark was a great pilot . There was doubt due to the weather if the flight would take place but I was kept informed what was going on and the flight took place. Blue Skies helicopter unlike some of its competitors is a new modern helicopter . It has Plenty of glass to get the best views and take excellent pictures. The filming kit to take a video of you flight is excellent.

All reviews
"well worth the money"
in 9 reviews
"perfect weather"

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Excellent well worth the money !!!
Best thiNg we done in Sydney!!!
Amazing exp

1  Thank Ryan C
Reviewed February 9, 2012

My boyfriend (now fiancé) treated me to a surprise helicopter ride for my birthday and it was absolutely fantastic! The fact that he proposed while we were flying over the Opera House was obviously a bonus, but our experience with Blue Sky Helicopters was fantastic!

Mark was very professional, but also amusing and entertaining. My boyfriend didn't have a ring, but Mark made one for him out of a paperclip, which I'm still wearing! The DVD filming in the helicopter just topped everything off for us, and Mark took photos along the way as well. I'm not too sure how much our ride was, but it was 30 minutes long and we flew over the CBD, the Harbour, Manly, Bondi and the East Coast. A perfect way to see Sydney!

Thanks so much Blue Sky! What a day!

1  Thank KatieM-Syd
Reviewed February 5, 2012

My in-laws were over for Christmas so I decided to get them a trip with Blue Sky. I was so impressed with prices my partner and kids went too. Blue sky were friendly we'll organized and a very professional outfit. They have an excellent brand new helicopter with a great DVD system. If your in Sydney book a flight you won't be disappointed.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 2, 2012

When an overseas friend was here visiting Sydney, we decided to take them on a scenic helicopter flight as a treat. As luck would have it, the weather was absolutely perfect on the day. After a brief safety demonstration we were directed into the helicopter and we were off! Everyone was given headsets with microphones so that you could hear the pilots commentary and talk to one another. At the start of the flight the helicopter wove along a marked 'road' only a few metres from the ground, to the sound of 'Ride of the Valkyries' (aka the music blasted out of helicopters in the movie Apocalyse Now!). The flight went over the beaches, around Sydney Harbour and then back to the airport.

Even though two of us are Sydney residents it was AMAZING to see the city from the sky, particularly all the boats and ferries making their way around the harbour. Unlike a previous reviewers experience, in our flight the pilot (Mark), was able to provide a lot of commentary, point out landmarks (including the houses of the rich and famous!) and answer our questions - with only a few interruptions from traffic control.

Mark and his wife Kali were very friendly, and absolutely made the day for us. We all enjoyed it so much that afterwards we decided to get the DVD of our flight to show all of our family and friends. This flight is a great gift idea, for tourists and locals!

1  Thank LizFiz21