“Fantastic great value Hunter Valley trip!!”
Review of Kangarrific Tours

Kangarrific Tours
Ranked #1 of 93 Food & Drink in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: It's not only a wine tour, but a wildlife, chocolate, cheese and beer tour! A day trip from Sydney, try some amazing wines at small picturesque boutique wineries, as well as visit a chocolate factory, taste some local cheeses and visit a brewery. Our morning tea with kangaroos, koalas and other native animals is a very special experience too with sightseeing in the beautiful Hunter Valley countryside. Private tours are also a specialty for families and/or friends. Join us! Would love to have you along. Sydney city tours are also available.
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Some friends and I did the trip as one of my last in Australia. We had a great day; visiting the wildlife park first off, then it was to the fudge shop to try some local delights. I'd never had chilli chocolate before! Even bought some for pressies. We went to 3 wineries and sampled a good variety of wines. Really enjoyed the Smelly Cheese shop and lunch was excellent. The last stop was the brewery with banana and chilli chocolate beer. Strange to say the least. You won't be disappointed!

Thanks Sam keep up the good work!

Reviewed July 3, 2011

It is hard to choose one tour over another and to be honest sometimes you get let down or undersold. This tour however was everything I hoped for and more. It was an amazing day with great laughs and I felt hugely educated afterwards. Absolutely fantastic!

Reviewed July 3, 2011

We had a lovely trip, from start to finish, with Kangariffic.
Sam was a super friendly and knowledgeable guide, he made all members of the bus very welcome.
He choice of vineyards was both entertaining and informative and its obvious that he really knows the area. He carefully selected particular wineries, after getting familiar with the group's particular interests.
The tour was conducted with great humour and Sam gave us some excellent local info.
Altogether highly recommended!

Reviewed June 30, 2011

Beautiful day out through the Hunter Valley, with special, personal touches.
Start the day with a refreshing morning tea mixed with a great, up close personal experience with some friendly australian animals.
Stop at a delicious local chocolate and fudge shop, try their scrumpious variety of homemade fudge, very delightful!
Visit 3 beautiful wineries, each having a different style and specialty. Try a variey of wines and your almost guarenteed to find a favour. Good reasonable prices too.
Our lunch stop was in the second winery, which had a wide selection of food options to suit every taste. One of my favourite bits, as here was the Smelly Cheese shop. For me the smellyier the better! If your the same, definately recommend the Smelly Blue burger, was amazing, just thinking back is making me hungry :)
As you wind your way back to Sydney, stop in a nice welcoming Brewary, with a nice selection of beers to try. Give the chilli chocolate ale a go if you dare. Surprisingly drinkable.
Bring your camera, money, smile and excited taste buds.
Only dislike is that its over in a day!
Sam, is a friendly, knowledgeable, genuine guy, who strives to make your day unique, fun and delicious. His passion for wines really shines through when he gives you the information you want and need.
Remarkable day to remember. Definately one of my highlights of my 18 month trip around the world :)

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Some of my friends had previously been on the Hunter Valley Wine Tour through Kangariffic Tours and only had the best things to report back! Sam, the tour guide and driver for the day, picked us up right on time and we closely followed our schedule! The chocolate and cheese were so fun to taste, and there were so many different wines to try! Really got a sense of many different wineries in the Hunter Valley region, while learning the differences between them all. Got back at a reasonable time also - great price for this day trip while many other competitors have a much pricer cost for the entire day! Also, starting at a Wildlife Foundation with Morning Tea and Biscuits really started the day off great and it's always fun to pet the animals!
I went in a small group of friends when we spent our semester abroad in Sydney, yet it's good for all ages and good to do with either one or two others or in a small group.