“a very nice lunch”

Ranked #362 of 6,492 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Description: Inspired by the finest New York steakhouses, The Cut Bar & Grill serves premium cuts of Australian meat, alongside the freshest local seafood. Set in the cellars of one of Sydney's most historic buildings, this is a restaurant where the service means precision and the diners mean business. In addition to the Grill, The Cut's Bar is home to a unique cocktail and tasting menu and open 7 days a week. Visit us for lunch Monday to Friday or dinner any night of the week.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

the place is unexpected and nicely decorated, the food is very good and Cullem did take very good care of us.
All in all, a place to have a good lunch , and a very tasty dessert: a "deconstructed" cheesecake

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Had an excellent dinner, the steak (their 4 hour speciality of the house) was tender and tasty.
Service was great. Overall definitely a place to recommend.
Not cheap but we all felt the meal was worth the price.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

You don't go for anything else, not the starters or fish, but you do go for some of the best steak you'll find. I had a Wagyu fillet which was simply one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. There is a large choice of beef to eat from Wagyu through corn fed and grass fed. The wine list of long and has a good choice, but is fully priced. Side dishes were well presented.

The service was friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is cellar-like and quite dark.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Went to this restaurant twice in the past week. The first time I was on my own, on business, and while still early I was sat in the bar area on this ridiculously low table with bucket chairs. It was like eating my meal on the sofa watching TV! every other table is higher and it makes the diner look like they are on the kiddies table.

the second time, this time with my wife, we are again in the bar area but on better table. Another lone diner was given the kiddies table so it must be reserved for us Billy No Mates. Obviously this place gets very busy so book in advance.

The service was hit and miss. After waiting 50 minutes I had to ask where our meals were and the waitress showed little enthusiasm for finding out.

The pork belly is fabulous, served with black pudding. I had it on both occasions, although on the second it didn't have as many accoutramonts as the first time, but delicious all the same. My wife had the fillet steak which she found bland as no source was offered. The smashed chats are fantastic too.

Overall, a nice vibrant atmosphere in the main restaurant area, not so much in the bar area. Some of the staff look a bit aloof at times. Manager was very helpful though. Overall, I'd recommend.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Went here on Saturday evening with friends. The atmosphere is friendly and the Maître D very professional. We were shown to a rather cramped table at the back of the restaurant, but on request were moved to a far more spacious and comfortable booth in the centre. The starters are nothing to shout about, and the wines expensively priced but all that is forgotten when the main course arrived. We all had the signature 4 hour slow roasted Wagyu beef rib which is nothing short of exceptional. I would return here just for the quality of the beef. What really let the place down was the service from our waiter who was over-familliar and inattentive. Shame really as the last time we went the service was good.

1  Thank Mark D