“Great atmosphere and decor”
Review of Chophouse

Chophouse
Ranked #134 of 6,102 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Chophouse is located at 25 Bligh St Sydney. Designed as a tribute to the old New York steakhouse, Chophouse references a bygone era. Inspired by the industrial & perhaps even a subtle nod to the rawness of the abattoir, the building’s original substructure has been unearthed. |Elements have been stripped back to their raw, primitive nature while maintaining a certain edge & sex appeal. Chophouse is a culinary and visual experience....
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is certainly a busy restaurant where tables are emptied, reset and reseated with speed. I would strongly suggest you make a reservation.
Last night was Wednesday so there was live music. I liked it but my partner didn't. He was a bit brain-tired from work and wanted a peaceful environment.
The food was good, the wine list excellent and the service wonderful. Full marks for all involved in the courtesy shown to me in arranging a meal that catered to my various food intolerances. I look forward to returning to this restaurant when I am cured.
I strongly recommend the Chophouse, but not when noise might be an issue for you.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Not a bad steakhouse in Sydney but have had better. Excellent cocktails though!!

Pricey for what it was. Great venue though.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Fantastic as usual. Booking recommended. Rib fillet with fries & green beans, awesome. Bit pricey but you get what you pay for. Consistently good.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I recently visited this restaurant based on the recommendation of the concierge at our hotel. We were first struck by how crowded it was and then by the noise level. We could barely hear each other. We ordered a seasoned short rib dinner for two with sides included for $65 AUD. The portion was large, but the meat was tough. I can do much better on my grill at a fraction of the cost. The meal including drinks was $105 AUD which is not too high for Sidney, but I expected much better from the other ratings. If your looking for a romantic dinner out, go elsewhere in Sidney.

2  Thank Howard H
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We visited Sydney from Dubai .We only had 24h in Sydney .Our hote,l Sofitel advised us if we want to go to a good steakhouse Chophouse is the place Just round the corner from our hotel.Quite busy so a booking might be essential .
Food and service was very good .If I ever come back to Sydney I would like to have another steak there

1  Thank PASDubai