The Bayswater Sydney
$164
$186
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$140
$116
  • Restaurant
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$96
$80
$275
$238
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Pitt Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$122
$184
$124
  • Breakfast included
1,148 results
All reviewskings crossgreat locationtrain stationtaxi rankpotts pointnoisy at nightfree wifinight lifecoles supermarketstreet noiseboutique hotelrooms are smallshort staylight sleeperbars and restaurantsthe ground floorwould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have actually booked a room at the Springfield Lodge, also owned by Sydney Lodges, but as I complained about the strong smell that dominated that place (understanding, it has just been partially refurbished and walls repainted), the people at the reception redirected me to the Bayswater: better and a little more expensive than the first one, but they wanted no additional money as the fault for the change was theirs. So, the first impression was very good.
The place offeres very good value for money, Bayswater Street is relatively quiet (considering you are right in the centre of action), it is walking distance to the CBD and all the main attractions. Internet in the lobby is free, they also have a kitchen that everybody can use for free. People at the reception are helpful, the breakfast cafe next door excellent. The only hassle is the elevator which is incredibly slow, but as the house has only four floors, it is not really a problem. Coming from the Continental Europe, we are not used to single-glazed windows (hence more rumour comes in from the streets), but I suppose one cannot ask for the double glazed ones in Australia due to the milder climate :-) . The rooms are very nice and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
dionmarketing, Guest Relations Manager at The Bayswater Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Thank you very much for providing your comments here on Tripadvisor.

We're sorry to hear the new paint smell at Springfield Lodge was so overpowering. Unfortunately when a property is so popular, there is no alternative to renovating while the property is still full of guests. We try to to limit the noise as much as possible, as well as the smells, however it appears we've dropped the ball a little here.

On the other hand, it is fantastic to hear you got to enjoy our much newer property, The Bayswater Sydney, the newest property in the Sydney Lodges group. We pride ourselves on excellence in customer service and I'm very happy to hear you experienced this.

We hope to see you again at a Sydney Lodges property again soon. Be it Springfield Lodge, or The Bayswater Sydney, or any of our lodges on the Sydney Lodges website.

Thank you again for leaving your comments.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed for two night to celebrate my birthday with friends in Sydney and I was really happy when I saw the room I'd been allocated. I ended up on the 4th floor at the front of the building even though I thought I was getting one of the rooms without windows. Despite being in one of the busiest parts of Sydney I found the room to be quiet which was great. Everything was clean, the bathroom is a little squashy but the awesome shower made up for that!
I stayed Sunday night then caught a taxi at 6am to Sydney airport which took no more than 30 minutes. This really is a very convenient location to see many of Sydney's sights and convenient to the airport too. Even though I only live in Wollongong I'll be staying again. Mel

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
dionmarketing, Guest Relations Manager at The Bayswater Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Hi Mel,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to do so.

We're glad to hear you enjoyed staying at The Bayswater Sydney. It's great to see you enjoyed the hotel, found the room comfortable and the location convenient.

We hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks again for leaving your comments.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and it was a breath of fresh air!

Two minutes from the train station, well priced, staff were friendly, room was very nicely decorated albeit a bit on the small side with a view of aircon machines.

Would stay again, especially for the price amidst the rip off chains.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank davidp20v
dionmarketing, Guest Relations Manager at The Bayswater Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Hi David,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. At Sydney Lodges, of which The Bayswater Sydney is a part of, we are always on a mission to provide comfortable, affordable and convenient accommodation for all travellers. It's fantastic to hear you found the hotel great value.

Thank you again for reviewing us on Tripadvisor, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I just got checked out this morning and I can't wait to review on this hotel. Excelleny location. The room was great though it was a bit small for the bathroom area.the negative part was that there is no wifi in the room. It's a pity if they can provide that service to all the room. Just to check with the hotel staff, I would like to know more about the benefit of returning customers. Cause I might be going over again soon :)

• Stayed: July 2012
dionmarketing, Guest Relations Manager at The Bayswater Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

We're very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel comfortable and in a convenient location. I apologise if there was a WiFi issue in your room, we use a very strong WiFi connection and router system which is checked frequently so I'm very surprised to hear it did not reach your room. Thank you however, for letting us know, I have already passed this on to the hotel manager to ensure there are no issues with this room specifically.

We have a very popular program called 'Guests with Benefits'. You should have been offered a card to take with you on your departure, if you didn't, please contact the hotel and they will be able to read your membership number to you over the phone. This program will give you 5% discount on your room rate, free internet access, free late check-out, priority check-in and a much more flexible cancellation policy. We love having guests back time and time again, which is why we provide you with no messy points, but real benefits that you'll enjoy.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My brother stayed there few months ago and he highly recommends this hotel. I made reservation two days ago and got a very good hotel rate but cancelled and they gave me a full refund of my deposit even I just called 24 hours prior to check in. They immediately replied and sent confirmation of my cancellation without any hassles. I will definitely Book all of my future visits in Sydney with this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011
dionmarketing, Guest Relations Manager at The Bayswater Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We're sorry to hear you had to cancel and did not get to stay with us, however we're looking forward to seeing you in the near future.

Thank you again for reviewing your experience with The Bayswater Sydney, part of Sydney Lodges.