“Accommodation with convenience..”

The Bayswater Sydney
Ranked #83 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We had to travel to Sydney for a weekend for a wedding which was being held at Rushcutters bay. Last minute we were hunting for hotels around the area and came across this hotel which seemed reasonable with price and by the photographs like a tidy room. We were pleasantly surprised once we arrived. The room we had was a good size and more importantly the location was outstanding. We wandered around the streets close by and went to the markets as well as a delightful little deli / restaurant that was brilliant! We also wandered in the other direction down to the Yacht club where breakfast was exceptional value with a beautiful view on a perfect day (which we were lucky enough to enjoy). I would go back and stay at the bayswater whenever i am in Sydney next :)

2  Thank demi_dem
Write a ReviewReviews (1,120)

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Travelled to Sydney with my boyfriend for the first time, we picked Bayswater for the location and we were not disappointed. There was buses that you can take to Bondi, Watsons Bay and also to circular quay right outside the hotel.
The staff are very helpful and the hotel is well kept, rooms small but functional and well equiped. Like other I read the advice on here and asked for a room at the back top of the hotel.
There are plenty of places to eat around the cross and also the walk into town is very easy.
I am due to go back for the last night before I fly back and would not hestitae in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one near the back as it can get noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LittleBee1
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Recommend - 2 mins walk from Kings Cross Station.
We stayed here because we wanted to be close to Gastro Park restaurant (awesome restaurant). I used trip advisor and read reviews about Bayswater, I booked and asked for a small room as far away from the front street (as others advised), the room was clean, and small like we expected and quiet .... :->
It is only about 15 mins walk to buses to Bondi.
There are buses direct from circular quay that drop you off outside the front door, or get you there
I would return here definitely.

Room Tip: Do not get a room close to the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Helen H
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights at the Bayswater in early March with a girlfriend. She was visiting from Canada and this was her first visit to Sydney. We wanted a central hotel with good value. We booked into the Bayswater and had a lovely room facing the street. It was surprisingly quiet (double paned glasses) even though we stayed on a Thursday and a Friday night. The staff was very accommodating, providing us with extra sheets for the pull out bed and extra towels. We were also able to book a bus service to the airport through the hotel which was very convenient. Perfect mid-range hotel in a a great location (2 mins walk to train station, right down the street from a grocery store and right near all the action.

1  Thank mollee22
dionmarketing, Guest Relations Manager at The Bayswater Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Thank you for leaving your feed back on our hotel. We are very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and hope that your friend from Canada is left with a positive experience of both Sydney and The Bayswater Sydney.

We appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review and hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

When in Sydney, I normally stay further down Darlinghurst Rd/Macleay St. at Potts Point, rather than the more 'colourful' Kings Cross. So it was with slight trepidation that I booked a one night stay in a King Executive suite at The Bayswater. First point is its ideal location, just off Darlinghurst Rd. Despite its proximity to this busy road, the hotel itself is situated well away from the hubbub but still close enough (just a few minutes stroll) from the subway station around the corner.

The building itself is an older one which which has been converted into a hotel. The lobby/hallway decor is sparse but chic, with subdued modern colour tones to match. There's no mistaking straight away that this is a new establishment. Check in was quick and easy. Since I had pre-paid, there was nothing much to do except step into the lift to my second floor street-facing suite. The suite itself matched the prevailing decor (i.e. smart modern) with a large bed, wall-mounted LCD TV, sofa, coffee table and cupboard with tea/coffee and ironing board inside. Now there were two things which most most impressed me: the very tall ceiling and the huge street-facing windows - both had a real 'wow' factor about them! The bathroom was very near the bed and at first I assumed it was a cupboard until I opened it. It was small but very clean and adequate. The in-house brand toiletries were of excellent quality and probably better than the branded labels I've used in more expensive establishments.

I surprised myself that night by sleeping for 13 straight hours on that very comfortable bed. Which is something I haven't been able to do before. Considering my flight from Brisbane that morning was only about 1.5 hours, that long comfortable snooze was certainly not due to jet lag. Noise was not an issue, except for the sound of the street cleaning truck the next morning which woke me. Don't know what its like on weekends (possibly noisy due to party crowds), but on the weekdays at least noise should not be a problem.

Now for some very minor negatives. Its a new-ish establishment - only about a year old - but I could spot a stain on the carpet and the wall had a small bump/crack where someone probably banged their suitcase. Its a combination of these little maintenance issues which can quickly age a hotel. Management should have these fixed to maintain the look of the place.

Next morning when checking out at 10:00AM I was invited to use their lounge, just opposite front desk to relax if I wanted to. Its well appointed with tea/coffee, free internet and TV and plenty of comfortable seating on sofas. They also stowed my baggage until I actually left. Overall, this is a quality product compared to the other hotels further down Potts Point at very competitive rates. Would recommend this establishment, since I will definitely be using them again in future.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ExLibris76

Thank you for your comments. We are always pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay especially our hospitality and the contemporary decor of our hotel. We try our best to suit the needs of our guest and keep up with the modern society and their needs. However, we do thank you for pointing out the little maintenance jobs that needs to be done. We have addressed this issue and we will be constantly checking the condition of the rooms to make sure it is up to date.

Again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We had two nights here, and will definitely stay again. A comfortable bed, great shower, and a nice touch is the addition pf crockery & cutlery - with Coles virtually next door, b'fast could easily be made in room. The location makes this hotel worth while.

1  Thank David R

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Again thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Penlada K