“Ok”

The Bayswater Sydney
Ranked #82 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed April 30, 2011

The hotel is ok, and acts as a good base for seeing Sydney.

The room is the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in and the bathroom is tiny. It is so small that you have to sit side saddle on the toilet.

Also like other reviews it is really noisy outside and all the doors slam, so don't expect a quite night sleep - bring some ear plugs.

• Stayed: May 2011
dionmarketing, Guest Relations Manager at The Bayswater Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I do apologise for the noise. Obviously some nights are more of an issue than others and I apologise if you experienced a disruptive night. We always recommend letting us know as soon as you notice a noise issue, so we can attempt to address it, which usually we can especially if it is originating from within our hotel.

We do have some larger rooms than the Compact Double. Although this room type is great value, we might suggest booking our King Deluxe or Executive King Suite rooms if space is important to you, or if you're staying for a long period.

Thank you again for leaving your comments.

There are newer reviews for The Bayswater Sydney

Reviewed April 3, 2011

Looked nice from the outside, went in and I guess my first impression is tarnished because of the rude and arrongant male receptionist. I would admit that all other reception staff I encountered were lovely.

Going upstairs to my room I must admitted I was a little suprised at the size of the room (or rather the box) I would be in. I don't mind having a super small room but it would have been could if i had expected it so maybe having approximate room dimensions on the website would be good.

The room was tastefully decorated and quite impressive. One of the things I noticed was that in the folder all hotel rooms have you would normally find a little bit of handy information but this one has nothing in it?? Also 1 pen would have come in handy.

Awesome location - and tbh i only actually slept in my room one night to ecperience how bad sleeping would be lol. Woken up by screaming at 2.30am and then woken up again by the trucks on the jobsite next door at 7am, not pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for leaving your comments, they have been most helpful to us.

Firstly, the receptionist you encountered has been let go, due to numerous complaints about his behaviour. This is testament to how important online reviews are in improving our guest experience.

I do apologise if you wanted a larger room. We do provide the room size in sq metres on all of our website that we sell through, as well as on our own website to give people the best indication of what they are booking. I'm sorry if this wasn't prevalent enough on the site you booked through. We do have larger King Deluxe rooms which you may have found more comfortable. Our Compact Double rooms are more for 'money savers' or quick 'in-and-out' one or two nighters.

You must have stayed with us very shortly after opening. Our room compendium folders are now full of helpful information and you'll be pleased to hear, they do have a pen included.

Thank you for leaving your comments, we do hope to see again you one day in the future.

Reviewed March 20, 2011

The location of this small boutique hotel is very convenient with lots of restaurants and bars just outside. Street noise was okay, as location is in the quieter part of Kings Cross.

Nice clean room and bathroom and complimentary internet which worked flawless. Will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments.

We're always happy to hear when we really get things right.

Thanks again and see you again soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2011

Rooms were small but not quant. They were clean but the view was overlooking a brick wall. Beds were OK at best. My biggest issue was the security. Hotel is situated in the red light district of the city but yet management doesn't feel the need to have locks on the windows! There isn't even a lock box in the room. When I complained I was treated nicely but was basically brushed off. If younger looking for a little security when sleeping this place is not your place.

• Stayed: March 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Hotel beds are just one of those things that are hard to get right, everyone has a different preference in bed size, type, firmness. All of our beds are new, however I do apologise if they are not suitable for you. The day hotels can provide a 'bed menu', as the guest relations manager you can be assured I will be first in line.

There are certainly locks not the windows. To be honest I'm not quite sure what went wrong here, I have personally inspected the room and found the lock to be working quite fine. I apologise if the Front Office Team were not helpful in assisting you with this.

The hotel is very safe otherwise. On busy nights in the area we have security on site as a precaution to ensure the comfort of each and every guest in the hotel.

Thank you again for leaving your comments, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed March 12, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights whilst in Sydney for business. Clean and quiet room (though guests in the room above had very heavy feet). A bonus to have opening widows, closing them did block out most of the noise from the busy street below. Almost total block out blinds - a must for me. Bed was comfortable enough and pillows were ok - I've had much worse.
Free internet was brilliant. Modest reception, but friendly reception staff, though I didn't need much more than to check in and out and assistance with locating a car park.
Car park about 5 mins walk away $30 for 24hrs - reception can give you directions.
Easy walk to Potts Point restaurants and shops. Good cafe almost next door for breakfast.
I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for leaving your comments.

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologise for the noise from the room above. We do have 24 hour reception, so please always let us know if you have an issue with noise and we can usually rectify the issue immediately, especially if it is from within the hotel.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 6, 2011

Met up with friends for a weekend of partying in sydney. We were looking for a place that was nice, in the heart of kings cross and reasonable value and this is what we got! The decor was very cool and well suited to that part of the city. Everything was spotlessly clean and new. Only real downfall was the lighting in the bathroom- was very dark- not a good spot to do your makeup before a night out! Will definitely stay here again if spending a weekend in the cross.

• Stayed: March 2011

Thank you for your kind comments.

It's great to hear you had a fabulous experience, and I hope your nights out were just as fabulous. I have passed your comments about the lighting in the bathroom on to the hotel manager, I'm sorry if this was an issue for you and your guests.

We look forward to seeing you again soon in the future.

Reviewed March 4, 2011

I booked a King Deluxe room for three nights and was very impressed with room size and decoration. Actually liked the New York Style view of a brick wall. Lighting, blinds and Air-Conditioning= first rate. Empty fridge was excellent and so much more welcoming that a fridge packed with overpriced items you could buy next door. Location= sensational. Housekeeping Staff= Gold, I was working out twice a day and the extra towels offered were a godsend.
However was very disappointed not to have a safe (a little shocked actually), no DVD player (even standard rooms at the Kirketon do) and I really needed a pen at one stage, only to find you supplied none. The wifi Internet coverage was useless and I used my own mobile broadband for my whole stay. And I am sure you are all looking forward to the end of relentless early morning construction noises form next door. That was a a rude end to my planned sleep in.
Please don't think I didn't like the hotel, I did, and will stay again probably next time I come to Sydney, just a little few things that would make the place great...also any way of speeding up the elevator?

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lrsul1

Thank you for leaving your comments, they have been very helpful to us.

We are very happy to hear you though the hotel looked and felt great. We are very proud of our modern rooms. We try to be as modern and relevant as possible, by not stocking the fridge with a minibar as you have pointed out, we figure most people would rather source their own things for their stay, especially since there is a convenience store just next door.

I have passed your comments about the safe and DVD player on to the hotel manager for further consideration. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. You'll be pleased to know we now have a full room information folder in the room which includes a pen.

The construction next door is in its finishing stages so we hope you will be able to return and experience the difference someday soon.