“Rob's the best !”

Sydney Great Escapes - Blue Mountains Day Tours
Ranked #44 of 251 Outdoor Activities in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Sydney Great Escapes is a family owned and run business. We pride ourselves on being able to provide you with a unique insight and memorable experience. We specialise in smaller, more personalised, boutique tours. Our late model Mercedes sprinters carry a maximum of 14 passengers, they have been uniquely designed with extra leg room, extra height and reclining coach seats, for that more comfortable ride. Our team of tour guides has been handpicked for their vast experience of local knowledge and represent our company with pride. We have guides who are specialised in the Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley, Port Stephens, and Sydney areas. You can be guaranteed that your guide will have a wealth of knowledge on whichever tour you take.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Having arrived in Sydney, I was checking out thing to do in 2 days and wanted to do Blue Mountain tour. I saw a lot of good reviews for Rob's tour and called to see if I can go the next day (it was a long shot, I know). Unfortunately Rob was all booked up. I had a couple of questions still about Sydney and what I can do and Rob said that he'll call me back in half an hour. I never expected him to but he did ! He was so nice and gave me some tips of things that I can do with my little one (was travelling with my infant daughter). Even though I didn't actually get to go on his tour, I wanted to still give this guy a mention. Two thumbs up. Thanks Rob.

1  Thank Trinigirl_10

Reviewed February 21, 2013

It was summer but coming from a Tropical country myself, the heat was normal and infact good as there is no humidity and only cool breeze. The view of the 3 sisters was good from the mountain top.

1  Thank LizzLind
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a great trip out from Sydney - and Rob is brilliant-extremely knowledgeable and hugely entertaining. Unfortunately the weather was not kind to us so the fact we had such a great day shows just how good a tour guide he is!! There were only 6 of us in the group which again made it far better than the coach fulls we saw on out travels. Rob also knows exactly where to go to mostly avoid the crowds and seek out things like wild kangaroos in their dozens. The wildlife park was a lovely stop off on the way and again as we arrived early we were on our own there. Great Day - if you want to see the Blue Mountains then book this trip!!

2  Thank Lynne T
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The day trip for the Blue mountains and Fetherdale wildlife is a touristic trap. You climb on a bus and stay 1 hour in each place with lunch, guide and etc (been there with ATT tours). The places are beatifull and worth the visit. But I will feel more confortable in a rented car and spend the time that I want in each of the places visited. If what you want are pictures I think you will be fine in a tour like this.

3  Thank dadvisor
Reviewed January 13, 2013

What a great way to spend a day. It was an adventure and well worth the price. Loved our small group in a large van instead of a giant tour bus. Our guide Rob was terrific. He was funny, and so knowledgeable about the area & the people. We loved the wildlife park, the fruit stand & the pub lunch. The Blue Mtns are absolutely amazing - definitely do the cable car & train. They are worth it!

2  Thank Valerie P