“Brilliant dining experience”

Ranked #22 of 5,891 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Nestled in Sydney's Ash Street laneway, this elegant bistro’s classic French fare is perfectly matched by an extensive wine list. Felix is affectionately designed as a romantic homage to the quintessential French brasserie. Diners are charmed by its many authentic touches; like walls featuring real Parisian subway tiles, imported French chandeliers, a beautiful pewter bar and food delivered by waiters in traditional long-aprons.
“Brilliant dining experience”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Dinner at Felix is wonderful. We went last Saturday night it was jam packed busy and noisy but service and the food where all beyond expectations
The noise levels are loud but didn't take away from the experience. The service staff where attentive and knowledgable and not pushy. The wine list is massive and a bit intimidating for someone who doesn't know a lot about wine like me, but the sommelier made some fantastic suggestions in a middle range bracket and I didn't feel we where being pushed to choose the more expensive wines like you do in some restaurants.
The food was all delicious and well presented I particularly loved the chicken liver pâté and another huge hit at the table was the duck confit it was beautiful
I also loved the cheeses. The soufflé for dessert was also brilliant

I can't wait to go back to Felix for is noise, bustle and fantastic service and food
Thank you !

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
“Faultless Felix!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Felix is the best restaurant that I've eaten in for a long time. Service was impeccable, helpful, prompt and yet discreet. The food was truly delicious. We began with sharing six mixed oysters which had been expertly shucked - the stand-out was the Tasmanian. We drank a carafe of rose, brought about by the ambience of the place. My main was the lamb pie, which was perfect, lean meat encased in an airy pastry, with just the right amount of sauce - the plate neither thirsted nor drowned, Crisp, beautifully cooked green beans as a side. I had to rush to catch a train home, so the waiter rustled up the bill while we were eating, for a quick getaway. A faultless dining experience, both in terms of the food and the service. The location and the ambience reminded me so much of my three years in Brussels. We had no reservation and were sooo fortunate to walk in off the street on what was obviously a busy evening. Thanks to all at Felix, especially waiter Ian from Scotland.

• Visited November 2012
Country Australia
“Very authentic food, nice decore”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had gnocchi, barramundi and tuna nicoise, and for dessert we had passionfruit souffle and peanut icecream. Very small serves, but very nice food. Delicately presented and quality ingredients. Highly recommend it, but it is on the more expensive side. You should probably order sides, which we did not.

• Visited October 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Great experience”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This restaurant offers you the international bistro experience without leaving Sydney. Real bistro atmosphere with excellent food. Love the oysters and to see the shucker at work adds to the experience.

• Visited October 2012
Sydney
“All excellent except Child policy needs to be reviewed”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a business guys restaurant during the week and I get that - I had my 12 yr old daughter in the city with me and her mum so we decided to go to Felix as were around the corner. Brisk and attentive service and as it was my daughters birthday they even provided a candle with her desert.Couldn't fault anything except that they clearly given the staff instructions around children. They sat us at a table for 2 with three chairs. Then they served our main courses in less that 5 minutes after ordering - we hadn't even received our drinks? we knew this was because they wanted to get us in and out quickly because of the child. The 12 yr old had 2 courses and the bill came to $210.00 for 3 - that's an OK customer in anyone's books. I can understand this policy if a child is very young and out of control - my daughter has impeccable manners and knows how to behave. Spoilt an otherwise excellent evening

• Visited September 2012