“A Must Try Experience!”
Review of Manly Surf Guide

Manly Surf Guide
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn to surf in Sydney! Manly Surf Guide are a boutique surf guiding company that offer small group surfing tours and surf lessons in Sydney's famous Manly Beach and Sydneys beautiful Northern Beaches. A local business owned and operated by Dee Why’s Ryan Hayfield, Ryan and his hand picked team of local staff have grown up surfing at Dee Why, Manly and Sydney’s Northern Beaches. Our guides know exactly where to go in all conditions. Ryan is one of Sydney’s most sought after surf coaches with over 15 years coaching experience and has been surfing since age 5. Ryan and his team are young, fun and full of energy. Each guide has completed a Level 2 Surf Coaching Course, APOLA (ocean safety), Advanced First Aid and Advanced Resuscitation qualifications. Ryan and his staff are passionate about the ocean and the sport of surfing and pride them selves on giving you an authentic surfing and Australian cultural experience. Manly Surf Guide is a successful company purely relying on word of mouth recommendations from providing a quality personalised service, rather than a large marketing campaign.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed November 13, 2013

For years I have wanted to try surfing again. It can be intimidating knowing where to start. I found Manly Surf Guide and booked a group beginners adventure for Nov 9th. I loved every minute... Ryan's instructions made it so easy. Both he and Danny were great coaches... patient and above all, helped us relax and have fun! They provide everything you need - even lunch and transfers. I booked my kids in for private lessons the very next weekend... If you've ever wanted to learn to surf I highly recommend Manly Surf Guide.

1  Thank SingaporeGemsGirl
RyanHayfield, Owner at Manly Surf Guide, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Hi Lisa,

Glad you had fun surfing with us, The One Day Beginners Surf Adventure is the most popular surf package we offer and it is perfect for first timers and beginner surfers. You get plenty of time in the water and a lot of assistance due to the small clas sizes.

Looking forward to teaching your kids on the weekend.
Ryan Hayfield Owner

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We booked a private lesson for two teenagers with absolutely no surf experience. Ryan picked us up and took us to a great little beach. He was warm, encouraging and supportive, and both boys tasted success during their lesson. They say that once you get up, you never want to stop!
I'd highly recommend this as a highlight of our holiday.

Ryan was also attentive to the needs of the parents left on the beach, suggesting where to get a drink and some shade during the lesson.

We booked one hour, as we felt it could be very tiring, but they weren't that tired and 1.5 hrs would have given more time to consolidate and gain confidence.

Hi Jules,

Thanks for the review. The boys did really well and I'm glad they are now hooked and love surfing.
Hope to see you all again next time you're in Sydney.

Ryan Hayfield

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had a 1, 5h private lesson yesterday and really enjoyed it! Fun, experienced crew and an amazing start to my surfing career! Will definitely book more lessons as soon as possible!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is my first time surfing and i was lucky to have a 1 to 1 lesson from Ryan on 3th Sept. i had all the attention needed and it really helped me in learning. Instructions was clear and easy to understand. The waves might seem a little scary for first timers, but Ryan will be there to guide you so no worries !

However, surfing is not something you can master in a day. it takes lots of practise.
just take note that if you are not physically very fit. The training can be tiring as practising the techniques requires a bit of effort.

Most importantly have fun surfing !

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Having only few days in Sydney I took the option of a surf guide tour. Good way to discover the Northern Beaches and the spots, escaping the crowd and enjoying a tasty Chai Latte. Will be good to come again and go on some of the reefs Ryan mentioned.
Typical Australian hospitality. I recommend this option !!

1  Thank Argobaste