“Absolutely Incredible!”
Review of Manly Surf Guide

Manly Surf Guide
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn to surf in Sydney! Manly Surf Guide are a boutique surf guiding company that offer small group surfing tours and surf lessons in Sydney's famous Manly Beach and Sydneys beautiful Northern Beaches. A local business owned and operated by Dee Why’s Ryan Hayfield, Ryan and his hand picked team of local staff have grown up surfing at Dee Why, Manly and Sydney’s Northern Beaches. Our guides know exactly where to go in all conditions. Ryan is one of Sydney’s most sought after surf coaches with over 15 years coaching experience and has been surfing since age 5. Ryan and his team are young, fun and full of energy. Each guide has completed a Level 2 Surf Coaching Course, APOLA (ocean safety), Advanced First Aid and Advanced Resuscitation qualifications. Ryan and his staff are passionate about the ocean and the sport of surfing and pride them selves on giving you an authentic surfing and Australian cultural experience. Manly Surf Guide is a successful company purely relying on word of mouth recommendations from providing a quality personalised service, rather than a large marketing campaign.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely Incredible!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I took semi-private lessons from Ryan and he made it an awesome experience that we will never forget. He made sure that not only were we learning to get up on the waves, which we were bit able t do relatively quickly with his guidance, but also watched how each if our bodies reacted to the waves and tailored our stance from that. By far the best instructor around!

1 Thank Corey M
RyanHayfield, Owner at Manly Surf Guide, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hi Corey,

Thanks for your great feedback, I'm very happy to hear that you both loved your surfing experience. It's always very important to get the basics sorted first with surfing. With a correct stance and your arms and head looking and pointing the right way, this sets you up for life with a good style and technique.

You guys were ripping in your first lesson! Hope to see you in the water again some day.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing and memorable!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had one of the best days of my trip surfing with Ryan. He is such a lovely guy, patient and a great teacher. Manly is beautiful and with Ryan, is the perfect place to get out on a board! I would highly recommend Manly Surf Guide to anyone tempted to try it!

1 Thank Jayferl
Hi Jayferi,

Stoked you had one of the best days of your trip in Sydney surfing with us. It comes naturally to my staff and I to be patient and enthusiastic in such a variable sport. You were surfing really well, thanks for the great review.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Ryan is a good instructor giving good advice on your technique, what gear to buy and about the best spots to surf at.
The vibe in the group I was in was excellent and I was able to make new friends.
It's a small class so everybody get's equal attention.

manly
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Top Guide”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Ryan is probably one THE nicest guys you could ever hope to meet. A local who takes travellers to places that are usually reserved for "locals" if you know what i mean. Nothing is too much or too little. He defines and personifies all that is good about Manly and surfing!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank greenie2095
Tokyo, Japan
“Amazing Surfing Days”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Ryan, is a great guide and teacher. He is patient with each student, and he wants each student to advance within their talent range. He encourages the participants to come to him for help during any part of the day. I surfed for two days in early April, and we had a wonderful time. The first day we had a group of six, and everyone was standing up within the first hour. Some people started learning how to turn by the end of the first day.

He provides everyone with wet suits and surf boards for the whole day. He also makes a great lunch after a morning of catching waves. He is very polite and down to earth. We talked about waves, music, Australia, and more.

Manly Surf Guide is so wonderful that I booked a second day of surfing while I was in Sydney. We had a small group during the second day, and we found some nice waves at Freshwater. Please call up Ryan and Manly Surf Guide if you are looking to surf within the Sydney area. You will have fun catching the waves, and you will enjoy your time with a knowledgeable and pleasant guide. I would recommend this activity to anyone that enjoys surfing.

Visited April 2013