“Lovely place, great for private functions”
Review of Essen Restaurant

Essen Restaurant
Ranked #686 of 6,033 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went to Essen for a private party and we had such a great time! The service was outstanding, thanks to Joannie :-) The decor is warm and cozy and the different rooms allows you to host various type of people in one party. The prices on alcool and food were more than decent. We will definitely go back to try the normal restaurant, as we had such a great time.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Not the friendliest service, and rather bland food. My colleagues had schnitzels and rather enjoy them. There was some confusion in our group when we thought we were getting a free side, but had to pay for it. The water insisted we pay.

1  Thank travelandtell_11
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I absolutely love going to Essen. It is such a treat. I noticed that a lot of pregnant woman eat there so the food can be trusted. They also have high chairs if that is required. I always order the pork belly or knuckle. Never thought I would order knuckle but it was soooo good! Their organic ginger beer is great too! My husband always order the schnitzel and loves it. A popular restaurant for good reason. Probably best to make a booking.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Friday service was poor given I had been told duck would be 15 minutes when I phoned and we said that is what we are ordering and were in a hurry

Nice duck we go many places to try
I rate it a little more expensive than most others around of similar quality
Service poor we eventually abandoned any idea of drinks and dessert
Besides some potatoe and a small serve of Brocolli which was nice noticeable red cabbage and dumplings never arrived

Would return maybe they were having a bad night

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We visited as a group on a mid week evening. The decor is pleasant but the atmosphere was what I would describe as hectic. Clearly they were short staffed for the evening because service was very slow. We observed about 4 tables leave for that reason. The menu looked great. However, the quality was average. One of our group commented they had eaten a better schnitzel in a pub for half the price. Overall, it was an expensive evening that did not deliver. With so many restaurants to choose from in the area I would not return in a hurry.