“100th REVIEW & AN EASY 5 OUT OF 5!!!!!”

Hunter Valley Wine Tasting Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Hunter Valley Wine-Tasting Day Tour from Sydney
Ranked #15 of 97 Food & Drink in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Hunter Valley Wine Tasting Tours specialises in small personal wine tours to the Hunter Valley. We operate a daily wine tour from Sydney as well as a daily local wine tour operating from within the Hunter Valley and also regular departures from Newcastle. Why not join us for a fun day touring the wineries of the oldest wine region of Australia? You’ll travel in comfort and style in one of our luxury Mercedes Benz vehicles and enjoy private wine tastings at a great selection of Hunter wineries, large and small, enjoy a choice of 3 lunch options at Epicure Cafe and also visit the local cheese and chocolate shops during the day. This tour is a great way to experience the Hunter. The tour will be conducted by one of our team of experienced drivers/guides - all of whom have earned many favourable comments from other Trip Advisor members.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Sorry for the delay, but I told Jenny I wanted this to be my 100th review and I'm now up to 99!

After reading the earlier Tripadvisor reviews that mentioned her, I specifically asked if Jenny could be the driver on the day of my tour.

Aside from the many great reviews, I chose this tour because instead of paying $150-$200 to be in a large group on a large bus, this tour was $99 in a group with a maximum of 14 people in a smaller luxury bus.

I ended up sitting in the front next to Jenny the whole day, who was so lovely to chat with and informative. She was very professional, but still made us feel the tour was laid back and just a nice relaxing day without a care in the world other than which wine to purchase!

I had fun chatting with the really neat 12 other people on my tour. This included two awesome young couples from Adelaide, who told me things about Adelaide, as that was where I was heading after Sydney. There was also the nice brother and sister, who were shouting their Dad the tour for his birthday, who I joined for the delicious lunch we had. And the three french girls, who were lovely and really funny as well. And there was a lovely older couple that we picked up in the Hunter Valley.

Jenny took us on a nice drive over the Sydney Harbour Bridge and out into the Hunter Valley, which didn't take too long and we still had a nice stop on the way at this awesome food store that specialized in healthy food. I had a nicest fruit smoothie!

The tour was so laid back that Jenny at times had us choose which wineries we went to, while still making sure we had enough time to get to as many as we were meant to visit.

We got to three different wineries during the morning, then had our amazing lunch, before two more wineries in the afternoon.

At each winery, there were amazing people running the tastings. They made us feel so special, were professional and funny, and answered all questions with ease. I think the best one was the lovely young lady at the winery with the nice doggie that ran inside and cuddled up to us when a quick lightning & thunder storm passed overhead. Jenny will know who I mean, as it was the winery that I purchased Jenny's favorite wine from, to give her at the end of the day. The lady had short blonde hair and glasses and was the absolute most perfect person you could have in a customer facing role like that. EVERYBODY purchased wine from her, including my 3 bottles.

Most of the wineries took awhile to actually get inside to start the tastings, as the grounds were sooooo stunning, you just had to stop and take photos and take photos of others, using their cameras etc. A few of them would make the absolute perfect place for weddings!!
And it was nice being able to take the time to do that and soak in the atmosphere, due to the size of our group.

There isn't much more I can say, other than this tour was worth so much more than the price I paid. From Jenny the perfect tour guide, to the nice drive out to the Hunter Valley and back, to the many varied wineries and lovely people who run them.

I can't wait to head back to Sydney again with friends and do this tour again!!

Thanks so much Jenny, Hunter Valley Wine Tasting Tours and the other awesome people that shared this wonderful tour with me on 17th September 2013 :)

4  Thank Jacob15
in 33 reviews
"great company"
"his knowledge"
in 16 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed December 28, 2013

A wonderful day working around the smaller wineries in the valley. Great tasting and lunch. Went home very happy!!
Started at a nice and early time to allow three visits before a wonderful lunch. Made the afternoon fun and met with some lovely travellers for the whole day.

A great day out.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

This was a great day out. We visited 5 vineyards. Two of the larger commercial ones and three smaller ones. The smaller ones gave you a bit more time and explanation. But they were all very good. Our driver was very good as well, informative and amusing. I thought it was great value as well ($75) . I would thoroughly recommend

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was my second wine tour in the Hunter since moving to Sydney. The first was with another company, in which we went to low quality commercial vineyards and had a mediocre lunch. I was reluctant to do another tour, but this one, with more of a focus on boutique vineyards, was exceptionally good. Blueberry Hill and Tintilla had gorgeous settings and wonderful wine. My friends and I made purchases at both. The lunch at Blue Tongue cafe was delicious. Adam, our tour guide, was great. He kept us on a good schedule so there was plenty of time to taste, take pictures and see 5 different vineyards. He was pretty cute too. Highly recommend this tour with Adam to anyone visiting Sydney and enjoys wine tasting.

1  Thank Kaykayanderson