“Great economical choice”
Review of Posh Hotel

Posh Hotel
Ranked #11 of 57 Sydney B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 14, 2013

For a short stay of a few nighs at most this is a great economical choice within an easy walk to Central train station IF you don't mind a shared bathroom (which are tiny). The rooms are large and spacious and the hotel's decor is modern and bright. However, cleanliness is not the best although I can see that they work at it but fall a little short in execution (e.g. dust bunnies and swept dirt not picked up by dustpan). They offer HDTV reception, good free internet access and free coffee/tea plus a min-fridge in the room. There is a good size common kitchen. Towels are provided but the soap mini-package (hard to open) is useless in the shower as it is watery with minimal quantity so bring your own real soap. The queen size bed was nice but the bed frame was quite funky (modern) and large and I stubbed my toe on the frame a few times as it was oversized ... but it was a great sleep. I had a good size table where 2 or 3 can easily share a meal or work. The front desk was very friendly and tried to be helpful and accomodating. The only complaint I would have is that their hotel room guide says they have electical adapters available from the front desk, but turns out not to be true. They also lied to me and said that a $1 credit card transaction would only be pre-authorization and not a charge ... but it ended up be a charge and refund but each transaction incurs a cost on my card. They should know how to pre-authorize an amount (e.g. $25) without creating a transaction since my room was pre-paid and this was to cover themselves in case I ran out before paying for snacks in my room or telephone calls. In the end, I recommend this property as a value stay for those on a budget with good location - although quite a long walk to the CBD and Sydney harbour, etc.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Holy_Innocent
There are newer reviews for Posh Hotel

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was our third trip to Sydney & we decided to book this hotel because it was the only one I could find at the time that was affordable & close walking range in the city. I knew when booking this hotel that we would have to share the bathroom & at the time didn't think it would be so bad but I was wrong! We had to walk across the hall way from our rooms just to go to the toilet & the toilet & shower were located in the same room & it just didn't feel cleaned. While I was in there one time, someone nearly walked in on me cos the door lock wasn't strong enough! The rooms were alright but I thought there were things in there that weren't really necessary like a sofa, table & chairs. I thought they could of used that extra space instead to put a bathroom in the rooms. The floor felt dirty when walking barefoot & I felt like they didn't tidy the room properly. Overall the location was the only good thing!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JennyYem
Reviewed March 3, 2013

we decided to book posh hotel our last night before flying back to Italy.CBD quarter is very busy and the hotel is near the central station.I have booked a triple room but when we arrived the forgot to add the third bed.The hotel is really very dirty and old,the room has no window and the staff was really bad.The bathroom was the worst I ve ever seen in my life.The price of the room is crazy.We asked the staff to leave pur luggage as our flight was in the evening and they asked 20AUS dollars for each luggage.I really suggest to avoid this hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank mesabri
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for two days, they took 200 dollars for bonds. After we checked out they called us and accused of us for using their phone to call a national number, WHICH WE DID NOT DO! We argued over the phone for 10 minutes and the person was very unprofessional and had a very bad manner. They took 5 dollars off our bond without notifying us about it nor did they explained to us in detail what was that 5 dollar was for. We were very unhappy about the issue and we filed a complaint against them to the NSW Fair Trading Office awaiting for a response.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jiciliu
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here with my friend for 2 nights 2nd week of january. I was trying to find a reasonably priced room with a good location. I was able to get a good rate for $119 for a room with shared bathroom. It was not bad since the room was spacious, clean And modern. The common bathrooms were always kept clean and dry. What i enjoyed the most is the location. Its very near central station, chinatown and george st. Overall its good value and a great find. I might be back on my next trip to Sydney

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great Hotel Guys, loved the stay. room was very clean and great security management. room was full of sun light and best thing is that its right opp UTS where i was visiting, its the most valued hotel around the area as other hotels are just tooooooo expensive.

Cool hotel manager, funny guy!

Room Tip: book early and king beds are really modern
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We arrived late to the motel due to our flight being cancelled. Despite this not being our fault and contacting them straight away to tell them this, they would not refund out first nights stay. We had no arguments about this. Upon arrival the motel had a written sign out the front - "HOT SPECIAL". Very tacky and probably used to attract hookers. We then had to ring the bell numerous times before someone attended the door. The price we had to pay was $80 more than what said on the website and when I queried the receptionist he ignored me. We got up to our room and it was horrible. The bed wasn't made properly, floor board floors were not clean (I used a wet cloth to wipe them and they were filthy) and we couldn't have out window open unless you wanted the whole world to see you as they were not tinted. The shared bathroom was barely the size of a change room at a clothing shop. I c alled reception to tell them I was extremely unhappy with the room and all the man could tell me was that his manager was "in a meeting". To have a manager that is not contactable during the day is unacceptable. We then had to wait 3 hours to speak to the manager who was the most inhospitable man I have ever met in my life. He was convinced his motel was "very popular" but then said he would not be able to sell the room if he gave us our money back. These pieces of information were very condescending and when I pointed this out his response to everything is "not my fault". The room was simply unbearable to stay in and we chose to go and pay for another motel. The manager refused to give us our money back. So we paid $400 for accommodation we did not touch. I would expect to pay $90 for the accommodation provided. The fact that the manager was so unhelpful really angered me. Due to basiscally donating $400 to this disgusting excuse for a motel (I'd call it a backpackers) we now are left on a very tight budget for the rest of our 3-day trip. DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO RIPPED OFF AND AFRAID OF GETTING SOME FORM OF DISEASE FROM THE FACILITIES.

• Stayed: January 2013