“Great Place to Stay !”
Review of Posh Hotel

Posh Hotel
Ranked #11 of 57 Sydney B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 15, 2012

we just checked out of posh hotel in the 16 of November. we stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. the stay was really enjoyable. my preference for hotel is comfort and for quality services. this was my second time down to sydney and the last time around, me and my family checked in at posh hotel too. After the first experience, we decided that the hotel was worth going to. We always take the superior Queen room ( if im correct), the room was well cleaned and that it was made up everyday. Towels and toiletry items were always stocked up by the housekeepers. Furthermore, the receptionist are always helpful. He helped us to book tours and also provide guidance on the landmarks of Sydney. Another thing i liked about the hotel was that their door was always locked, most hotels their door is always open. hence i would highly recommend this hotel to other travellers.

Room Tip: Superior Queen rooms are the best
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Posh Hotel

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a night and it was the worst nights stay I have ever had anywhere!! We had a "Superior Ensuite" room. Firstly, the bathroom was filthy! There was a used bar of soap in the shower and poo on the toilet seat. It had obviously not been cleaned! We paid extra for an extra person and we got a grubby mattress on the floor with with equally grubby sheets. The final straw was when the manager let himself into our room in the middle of the night to turn a light switch of that was situated by our ensuite door. It was a very frightening experience as it woke me up and scared the life out of me!! DO NOT stay here unless you feel like sleeping in a pig sty and having unwanted visitors enter your room uninvited!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our room in this hotel was just great...modern,clean and roomy with a pleasant ensuite. The receptionist was very kind and gave us a quiet room as requested. However there was a slightly odd atmosphere beginning with the manager being reluctant to give us the dollar change we were owed, and finishing with us finding a distressed young Japanese woman in the tiny unstaffed reception area when we checked out very early in order to catch an early flight. This young woman explained she had stayed in a room without an ensuite. When she had got up in the night to use the bathroom her door had slammed shut locking her out. She then discovered that the hotel was unstaffed at night and it wasn't until after a long period of panic that she was informed by a passer by, on the street at 2am, that the night watch person in a nearby restaurant had keys for the hotel.

Room Tip: Pay the small extra amount and have a room with an ensuite.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

stayed at posh hotel for the weekend with two of my mates . We stayed in the kingshare room if im correct, i came down from brisbane for a friends 21st, it was a blast, the room was well cleaned and was very neat. When we checked in , there was a little problem with the number if guest but the receptionist was very helpful and help us to sort out the room for my other mates. The location of the hotel was really close to the cbd, it was just a few minutes walk to where we wanted to go. The shared bathroom was cleaned regularly and the security was pretty good too. It was a really relaxing stay.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank morrisoncarn
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I went to Sydney with a friend for a foodie weekend. While the hotel is located close to the city and right near a train station, I have to say the aftermath of my trip was what was very concerning. I travelled to Sydney from a Thursday to Sunday. Upon checking in to the hotel the receptionist took my credit (debit mastercard) card details for a pending transaction for a security deposit, which was released back into my account upon checking out which I kept the receipts for. However on the Monday I cheked my credit (debit mastercard) statement to ensure that all transactions were accounted for, and the Posh Hotel had taken money out of my account after checking out, after the security deposit had been released. I contacted them and informed them of the error, as well as sending copies of receipts and also a snapshot of my bank statement and I was informed to stop wasting their time (have it in a email!) After contacting my bank and registering the transactions as fraudulent and unauthorised. I rang them to inform them of the action i had taken and the manager would not even return my call! When I was eventually contacted they informed me that it was the banks fault (I bank with commonwealth bank) and that it takes them 5 days to process a transaction. (when you use a EFTPOS or credit card do they ever tell you to come back 5 days later to collect your cash or purchases1?) After informing them I had spoken with the bank and the money was a clear deduction from account rather than a pending transaction and was made after I checked out, did they say they would transfer the money back, which they 3 days later.

Do not stay at this hotel! While it has a good location, there are plenty of other hotels in Sydney that offer much better service and do not make unauthorised transactions on your account and still have a god location. The stress and the hassel is not worth it. Also if you want to stay at back packer like accomadation in which you have to share a bathroom with the entire floor which is not even big enough to swing a cat in or toliet paper not even restocked, I am sure you will have a great trip. Seriously, stay away from this hotel! Not worth your time or money!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 105Sam105
Reviewed October 7, 2012

...considering hotel prices in Sydney are skyhigh. Walking distance to Central, Town Hall and Broadway (10-20 minutes). Plenty of food around and convenience store across the street. We had a room with an ensuite bathroom; the room was quite spacious and clean though the view out the window was a brick wall and dark alley. There is parking on Regent Street which is free after 10pm but you might not be able to get a spot in the afternoon. Free wifi! Recommended for those on a budget.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank onejump
Reviewed October 4, 2012

this was my first time staying at posh hotel. Me and my partner stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. it was a pleasant stay. the location of the hotel was really close to the city, excellent location for exploring Sydney. The receptionist was very friendly and professional. She was very helpful as this was our first time in Sydney, we didn't know our place around Sydney. we stayed in the superior queen room, it was really spacious, clean and stylish. We also had free WiFi to use which was nice as most of the hotels i stayed in before had charges for the internet. the room was kept neat and clean when we needed cleaning.Overall, we really enjoyed our stay, and was able to experience what Sydney had to offer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple