“two day stay with groupon voucher”
Review of Posh Hotel

Posh Hotel
Ranked #11 of 57 Sydney B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 8, 2012

room is clean,we didnt get wine on arrival as was advertised,supposed to get two waters and two drinks in bar fridge,only got one, we asked for room to get fresh towels,that didnt happen.The hosts were friendly enough,but a little false advertising..overall not too bad..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Posh Hotel

Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

The name 'Posh Hotel' is more ironic than I realised, and maybe I didn't read the listing properly when I booked, but I was expecting a hotel room!
What I found was a flashpackers hostel, and although it wasn't what I expected, I was generally pleased with the quality of the facilities.
The room was large, the bed comfortable, and nicely furnished. Outside there was a large, well-equipped communal kitchen and three tiny bathrooms. These are shared by about 8 rooms and there is a similar provision on each floor.
The room, kitchen and bathrooms were perfectly clean, and this is a great option for the budget traveller.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Good small hotel near central station. Limited services in hotel butevrything works. Rooms are nice and new. Very good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My recent stay at the Posh hotel was amazing!! It may not look like much from the outside. but the modern decor as you walked into the room made it felt like 5 star rating. Friendly and helpfully staff on entry top off the experience. Great location with easy access to the transport and walking distance to the CDB! Fair priced hotel rates with complimentary champagne on arrival. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 13, 2012

The rooms are nice, we had the family room with an en-suit and the room was ok.The room had two double beds. One was big and looked like a long sofa with a matteres on it but it was really a real bed. The other one was a double bed on wheels so it is imposable to situp on a pillow on the wall because the bed would move hotel was to make money NOT make the people staying there happy.There were fees of 50 dollars (AUD) for not keeping the kitchen clean and phone calls locally were 0.66 cents but to a mobile it was $3.50 per min!!! And the worst thing was that a $ 200 deposit had to be made so that you didn't take anything from the minibar but the minibar had: two snickers bars and two ship packets (witch were not for resale!) and water and solo. It would have had cost $15 all together, you d get your 200 bucks back at the end. On the good points the staff were nice and the rooms are ok. Most room do not have an en-suit and the parking is $30 a day and hard to find.
I would not recomend staying here at all!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My parent was came visitor me in February . They stay in Posh Hotel between 26 February to 4 March 2012 . The first day we walk in to this hotel . We was a little worry . Because the external building looks old ! . But after we open the front door , we change our mind ! It looks mordon. There have door bell you need to press . Because they lock door for security reason . We don't know in the first time we walk in , we been lock at outside ! Lol . When we in reception . Start to check in. The stuff are very friendly and kind . Why ? Coz my mum keeping ask they questions ! They smile and try to answer all the questions if they know !! It is ready good for the people's who first time come to Sydney ! After we walk in to our room we feel shock ! Because it looks so mordon and style ready luxury !!! Ready impress me and my parent ! The location in this hotel is ready good ! It is on main street in city and it is close to station and bus stop . So I can take my parent to go anywhere I want ! There have so many restaurants around this hotel. If you like pub there have 3 around this hotel ! Oh~ the room noise resist is ready good ! At night my parent and me have good sleep ! Between the day we check in there have one big iron man walking around this hotel everyday. We went down to reception to ask who is he , they told me it is perfectional security guard . Because there manager think guest safety and quite live is most important ! Not much hotel have it ! It make my parent feel so safe to stay this hotel. Because they went to New York before. When they are in hotel there is stranger walk in the hotel and knock there door to ask for money !! They did call reception . They told them they can't do anything , just wait for police come !! At weekend we saw someone who sleep on the sofa , we thought it is other rooms guest . We ask reception they say it is ready hard to find a room in Sydney at weekend . So there manager told them if someone walk in ask for room but if they don't have . Try to find the space for them . there manager ready think by guest side ! It is ready impress me ! Anyway my parent and I ready enjoy to stay this hotel !! If you ask me . Will I come back this hotel again ? My parent and I will say yes for so sure !!!! Thank Posh Hotel make my parent ready happy. to visit Sydney !

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Chiachingwu
Reviewed February 25, 2012

This hotel is worth reviewing as it is not like any other hotel I have stayed in. It has some good points but also a number of bad points. Why anyone would let an interior designer go crazy putting white & lime green leather furniture in a lower end hotel room is beyond me. The furniture is quite new but already has a lot of stains & scuffs. It is going to look quite bad in a few months.
I stayed in a King room on level 2 with use of shared bathrooms.

Good points.
Locaton - very handy
Noise - quieter than expected. Double glazed windows work well.
Staff - whilst not always very knowledgeable, were always very friendly & tried to help.
Price - can get cheap internet deals
Bed - big & comfy

Bad points.
Cleanliness - cockroaches in shared bathrooms & in shared kitchen on level 2. I stayed for 6 days & the kitchen didn't seem to be cleaned once - eg) dirty microwave the whole time. Floor on the room I stayed in was sticky from floor cleaner - I cringed before taking off my shoes. Under & behind the bed there was a cm of dust & unused toiletries from other guests.
Television - broke 3 of the 6 days I was there. Got "fixed" each time but then stopped working again.
Windows - unable to open. No fresh air other than exhaust fan that was quite loud. Felt like being in a fishbowl.
Amenities - no soap supplied in shared bathrooms or any way to dry hands (no paper towels or cloth towels). Bathrooms small. No dishwashing liquid or cloths in kitchen.
Kitchens - very close to rooms, any cooking smells come straight into your room.

I wouldn't stay there again. I would pay more to stay somewhere nicer. For people on a budget - it may suit but you need to be prepared for not having all the niceties you may be used to in a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business