“The best way to see Sydney!”

Bike Buffs - Sydney Bicycle Tours
Ranked #8 of 252 Outdoor Activities in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: We would love to show you this sparkling harbour city from the engaging perspective of a small group guided bicycle tour. This is a fun, invigorating and memorable way to explore Sydney, away from vehicles with heaps of photo opportunities. "This was by far the best and most personal tour we did in Sydney, we loved having the freedom of a bicycle and a fun and educated tour guide. It was easy pedalling on excellent bikes, and we received cold spring water, a snack pack and best of all, a wonderful photo essay of our tour in our our inbox free of charge.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 5, 2012

What a fantastic tour, I can't rate it highly enough! I've been living in Sydney for two years, but haven't seen everything, and when my aunt planned a visit from overseas, we thought a cycling tour would be the best way to see Sydney's most iconic locations. We saw the big ticket items plus some out-of-the-way sights, all fascinating and with Graeme's engaging commentary :)

Bike Buffs is the way to go --- flexible (with consideration to the rest of the tour group), covers much more ground than walking, no need to rely on public transport, no need to park the car. The pace is as relaxed as it needs to be for the group members (I hadn't ridden a bike for 15 years, and I was fine... Or maybe a little sore the next day, but it was absolutely worth it!).

As for practical considerations: water bottles and a snack are provided, we stopped at a lovely cafe for lunch, and there are frequent opportunities for loo breaks along the way.

Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Awesome way to see everything in Sydney in about 4 hrs! Had a great time bicycling the Sydney Harbor Bridge, around the opera house.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I first did a bike tour with Graeme in September 2011, and had a fantastic time. I spent a year in Australia and every person I met, I said 'you have to go do a bike tour with Bike Buffs!!' - I can honestly say that after backpacking around central Australia, Tasmania and the east coast, my tour with Graeme was one of my best experiences. I went back to do a second tour towards the end of my trip in Australia. I just had to do it again before I left! This time, we went over to Manley, which I would thoroughly recommend. The views were fantastic, Graeme was, as ever, wonderful, charming, friendly, kind, I just love him! (and he takes awesome photos for you!)

The bikes were great quality, the snack was much appreciated, Graeme always makes sure that you are feeling happy and not struggling and I still tell everyone I meet, if you are ever in Sydney, GO DO A BIKE TOUR WITH BIKE BUFFS!

(p.s. Graeme, I am SO sorry it took me so long to write my review!)

GraemeBIKEBUFFS, Owner at Bike Buffs - Sydney Bicycle Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Hey "Grogster", great to hear from you again from across the world now. Thanks heaps for another beaut rap... we are really chuffed you had a terrific time in OZ, and especially with us. Send more people just like you, fantastic person !!
with best wishes from Graeme

Reviewed December 1, 2012

What a great way to see Sydney from a totally different perspective, yet see more than most visitors will see in a week. Graham took us all over the city via most of the major sights and included a lot of others that even the locals probably don't know about. He seems to know where to go to get the best photos (and takes a lot as well!), and all at a relaxed pace that the whole (small) group can keep up all day. Bikes themselves come in all shapes and sizes, and although one or two could have done with a bit of a service it was easy to select one of the right size before departure.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We traveled to Sydney in October and on the first day after getting off the plane on a Friday morning we enjoyed a great bike tour around Sydney. Graham was very accomodating and funny....he loves to take photo's and seems to know all the places to go in the city on a bike...great trip and loved the tour!!! Well done Graham!