“Perfect location, amazing bed!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park8 Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels

Park8 Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels
Ranked #51 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Chile
“Perfect location, amazing bed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Location was perfect to get around by walking, everything was near and whatever you need can be right around the corner.

We've stayed for 2 nights and it was perfect, bed was super comfy, we had the best sleep. Breakfast was good too, their wholemeal bread is very tasty, also the french earl grey tea. (Didn't try the coffee since they didn't have non lactose milk, soy milk is just not the same at taste) healthy options available, which was nice.

Staff is super attentive, helpful and all smiles. Whenever we had a doubt, they happily helped us.

The carpet was fluffy and clean, you can tell when a rug isn't well maintained, but this was like new. Tiles at the bathroom were a little worn out, but nothing to complain about. Bathroom is very spacious and amenities really nice. Usually when I travel, I like to take my own shampoo and conditioner, but these were perfect! Such a nice surprise.

Overall, a very good find!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlessandraRB
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Alessandra RB,

We are so thrilled that you and your partner had a great stay with us!

You've summed up two of our most popular features perfectly in your title; location and bed! We are right in the heart of the city, with all public transport options at the doorstep, so we are the perfect base from which to explore and enjoy Sydney.

We do receive a LOT of rave reviews about our super comfortable beds. Our little 'secret ingredient' is the plush Microcloud Mattress Protectors that we have installed throughout the hotel - those plus our 8Hotels Sealy beds are a dream combination.

We are really looking forward to having you both back with us in the future. Take care until then!

The Park8 Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have great pleasure in writing about the Park8 Hotels in Park/Castlereagh St., Sydney.

It was with trepidation and a great leap of faith that I let my soon to be 18 year old son book a room for he and his friends to stay the night - minus parents - to celebrate his birthday. To add to my fear is the fact that my sons birthday falls on Australia Day - and therefore many more people visit the city to enjoy the fireworks and celebrations.

And so, with shaking knees, I accompanied the "boys" to Park8, mainly to check that the hotel was safe, clear the room of the minibar and ensure that the hotel staff were well aware that the boys were there for the night alone. Whilst the boys are "good" boys, I wanted to ensure their safety as well as that of the hotel :)!

I was absolutely gobsmacked at the friendliness and professionalism of the frontline staff - namely Daniel and Mick! I am so grateful to them for taking care of my son and his friends. They had such a great time. The two level apartment was perfect for them and Daniel and Mick ensured me that Ollie, who worked the night shift would keep a close eye on the boys. And to be sure, thats exactly what Ollie did!!! The boys came home with stories of banana bread from downstairs at 5am with Ollie, telling me how great the staff were.

I had left all my phone numbers and my husbands just in case the boys decided to act in a way that we wouldn't expect them to. I had hoped that the boys wouldn't disappoint me. But still, my phone was glued to my ear just in case.....Yet right on time, the boys checked out - safe, laughing and happy and all the parents were happy.

I cannot thank Mercedes, Daniel, Mick and Ollie enough for their hospitality and for watching over our kids. They also put an extremely nervous mother at ease!!!

I travel overseas for work every week, staying mostly in the bigger budget 4-5 star hotel chains. Therefore, this puts me in an extremely advantageous position to comment on the service and standards of hotels.

I can 100percent highly recommend Park8 Hotel. It has value for money, an extremely high standard of cleanliness, supremely professional staff and in addition a great location!

I have no hesitation, when the need arrives in the future of recommending this hotel to fellow travellers (and parents of 18 year olds!!)

Well done guys! The Park8 group should consider itself lucky to have such great employees!!

Warm Regards,

Suzanne Bovoro

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Suzanne276182
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

We are so grateful for your glowing review, and for having had the opportunity to meet you, your son, and his friends!

Thank you for your support of Park8 Hotel - we are looking forward to welcoming you and the entire family back next time!

We hope that you all stay very well until we next see you, and remember you can contact us directly 24/7 so please be sure to keep in touch!

Grafton, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had a conference and Sydney so booked a number of rooms for myself and staff.
The hotel was convenient to the conference venue and that was the only plus.
This place is tiny! Hardly enough room for yourself and luggage in the lift, the room are small and dark and the bedside lamps seem to be deliberately designed to make reading in bed impossible.
One of the rooms I book was described as two bedroom - it isn't - it has one bedroom, one bathroom, a mezzanine area with two single beds and a tiny living/ kitchenette downstairs - the website said it would sleep six.....only if they were very very quiet. The was not enough room to create any sort of privacy for 5 adults. The website photography was VERY deceiving.
I booked a total of four rooms and had to negotiate very hard too get any sort of reasonable price for 5 month in advance booking.
I had a room on a lower floor - the local street theatre was VERY noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor and ask to inspect first.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Leticia C
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear DebV_10,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback after your stay with us last October. Of course, it is disappointing to read that you didn't enjoy your time with us but you've made some great points for your fellow travellers!

We are just a little boutique hotel indeed, which we believe is part of our charm and we love being small as it allows us to develop close relationships with our beloved guests (that is precisely why we all work in the boutique hotel industry!). We think we manage to utilise the building space well, to the extent that we even have a great little 24/7 espresso bar in reception serving delicious Di Bella coffee and tasty treats for our guests, as well as use of the local Fitness First gym for the exercise bunnies!

We do extend our sincerest apologies that the configuration of the 2 Bedroom Loft Apartment was not made very clear to you, especially as you came to us directly for your booking. We have taken the opportunity to use your feedback in refresher training for our Front Desk team. It is our policy to find out the needs of our guests when booking, and we normally would explain that the 2 Bed Loft has adjoining rooms with one en-suite bathroom, meaning the apartment is generally more suited to groups of friends and families rather than colleagues requiring maximum privacy. One bedroom is indeed on a mezzanine level over the lounge area (hence the 'loft' element), and we can accommodate extra guests (to make it a maximum of 6) on the double sofa-bed in the lounge area. We've had many groups of 6 in this room type and they've found it a great and cost effective option.

Sydney can be very vibrant at times and we definitely encourage any lighter sleepers to contact us in advance so that we can discuss the best room options and arrange our quietest upper-floor rooms for their stay. We also have sleeping aids available from our 24/7 reception.

We're installing brand new, brighter bedside lamps throughout the property and also have little clip-on reading lights available on request from reception. The Hotel Manager and team here are avid readers and definitely do NOT wish to discourage any guests from reading, hence these ongoing lighting improvements!

The last thing we ever want to do is deceive our guests and we welcome inspections if travellers have that opportunity! Deception is not in anyone's best interests; we are unhappy when our guests are unhappy, and we are very happy when our guests are happy. We do try to represent our hotel honestly and clearly on the internet.

We hope that 2013 is a wonderful year for you and your team, and if you ever reconsider coming back to us, you know where to find us!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great location, awesome value and professional service. I got a great deal arranged at the last minute and was very happy with the room. I booked late at night and had a lovely experience with the reception staff member who took my booking. The staff members at my check in and check out also were very helpful. Particularly enjoyed my toastie and coffee on check out. I definitely plan to go back.

• 5 of 5 stars
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Robina M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review!

We are just delighted that you enjoyed everything, from your room to the service from our team to the coffee and eats from our Cafe8! Happy guests make our day!

A little tip for your fellow travellers; it always pays to contact us directly with reservation enquiries, just as Robina M did! We guarantee best rates, so coming to us directly will ensure you get the best deal possible. We also love being able to talk to you to ensure that we have any special requests or queries covered from the beginning; being able to offer highly personalised service is the exact reason that we all work in a little boutique hotel!

Robina M - we really look forward to seeing you again and hope that life treats you well until then!

Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed two nights early December, 2012 and loved it. We had wondered what this hotel would be like especially as we usually stay at a 5 star with all the bells and whistles. We needn't have worried at all. It was a truly refreshing stay. We chose the standard room and the bed was comfortable, the room was clean. We even received a sleep pack consisting of earplugs and a wonderful floral pot pouri fragrance sack. All staff were friendly and helpful and we felt welcomed to ask for anything we needed. Breakfast and coffee from cafe8 was way better than we expected and one morning it was even delivered to out room after we returned hot and sticky from a rather long early morning gardens walk. No having to wait for it, they happily delivered. The room we had was quiet but of course that meant no natural light so next time we will arrange a different room. The aircon was temperamental and has to be turned down to just 9 degrees to have it cool at all and this was early summer. I think it will have been fixed by now. I did manage to flood the bathroom as the water splashed up under the shower door no matter how I tried to avoid that.. Little annoyances only. Will I stay again? Definitely! It's only that my next trip was already booked or I'd be there this month. Very recommended for cleanliness and quietly friendly ambience.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the street.
Dear HolidayVibes,

It was such a pleasure to host you at Park8 Hotel and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay!

We rely on honest guest feedback such as yours for the development of our team and property and your notes ensure that we are always improving the overall experience for future guests.

The air-conditioning temperature control panel has been fixed and we have also re-sealed around the shower screen to stop the bathroom flooding!

We are so proud of our little Cafe8 and it is lovely to see that you enjoyed our barista made coffee and breakfast items.

It will be wonderful to welcome you back to try out a different room type. Our Deluxe rooms all have unfrosted windows which you can open for fresh air, and our Loft Apartments include huge floor-to-ceiling windows with loads of natural light.

Take care until we next see you and remember to contact us directly for future bookings so that we can extend the best possible rate!

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

From the very first phone call to the Hotel, to our final departure, we found our experience at Park8 wonderful. Exceptional customer service from the whole team, and the excellent 2 bedroom loft apartment set us up for a memorable and thoroughly enjoyable family visit to Sydney.
I would highly recommend Park8 to anyone wanting a cosy retreat in Sydney, with a feeling of being genuinely cared for. We'll be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Mark N,

What a pleasure it was to read your review! Nothing makes us happier than happy guests.

Thank you so much for your kind words. We just love to have families with us and we're all so delighted that you felt well cared for and comfortable with us.

We can't wait to welcome you all back, hopefully sooner rather than later! Take care until then.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Travelled to Sydney for NYE and booked directly over the phone a little over a month in advance. Staff were very helpful over the phone when booking.

The location is perfect, right in the CBD just across from Hyde Park. At check-in the reception area was extremely well presented with their cafe interconnecting (very boutique) and the staff were friendly and welcoming. Even recommended where to go for the best vantage points to see the fireworks.

The room itself was great, very funky and everything we needed for the few days we stayed there. The king size bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was modern and clean.

All in all i would definetaly recommend staying at Park8, i know i will be when next travelling to Sydney.

• 5 of 5 stars
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Tyson P,

It is so wonderful to read that you enjoyed your visit at Park8 Hotel! Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback.

It was a pleasure to have you with us over the fun New Year period, and we hope that you ended up with a great view for the fireworks!

We are looking forward to having you with us at the same time next year (if not before)! We are here 24/7 so just shoot us an email or a quick call when you're next coming to Sydney so that we can look after you.