“Excellent bircher muesli”

Ranked #40 of 5,982 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Description: Tucked away on Kendall lane, the oldest laneway in The Rocks, The Fine Food Store has been a much-loved favourite of locals for over 10 years. Recently revealing its Brooklyn-inspired renovation, this cool and contemporary cafe offers a succinct menu of fresh and tasty offerings from braised-pork sliders to salmon gravlax with fennel salad. They pride themselves on the highest standard in coffee, from cold brewed to single origin espresso - to be enjoyed at a picturesque window seat or to-go when you're on the run.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very nice place, friendly people, excellent breakfast. Really loved my bircher muesli. My husband loved his choice: some original egg dish, can' remember the name. We'll be back.

1  Thank AFJB
There are newer reviews for The Fine Food Store

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Being a Melbourne coffee snob I needed to find a great place in Sydney to continue my habit. A local recommended the Fine Food Store to me, and I made a few return trips there. The coffee is excellent and always consistent.
The menu has a great selection of salads, sandwiches, etc. I wish I had got there early for breakfast as the menu looked amazing. I had lunch there once where I enjoyed the spicy chicken quesadia, which was delicious and well prepared.
It's a difficult one to find, as it is down a cobbled alley, but well worth the search.

1  Thank JennFlo123
Reviewed May 17, 2014

My wife and I had brunch with one of our friends at The Rocks, and we decided to try The Fine Food Store. We had coffee and our meals - I went for the breakfast panini, while my wife had the salmon with egg and toast. The breakfast panini was basically egg, cheese and ham sandwiched by 2 pieces of panini. Both were pretty good, much better than the hotel's breakfast.

1  Thank SipsTea
Reviewed May 17, 2014

what a great little cafe so good in fact we went there three times! Perfect Coffee and a must try is the blueberry muesli its devine

1  Thank Shoppadownunder1
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful place to sit and enjoy some warm coffee and tasty food. Would highly suggest this place. It's a humble atmosphere with good service to match.

1  Thank CherryPearce