“Didn't disappoint!”

Ranked #35 of 6,058 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Description: Tucked away on Kendall lane, the oldest laneway in The Rocks, The Fine Food Store has been a much-loved favourite of locals for over 10 years. Recently revealing its Brooklyn-inspired renovation, this cool and contemporary cafe offers a succinct menu of fresh and tasty offerings from braised-pork sliders to salmon gravlax with fennel salad. They pride themselves on the highest standard in coffee, from cold brewed to single origin espresso - to be enjoyed at a picturesque window seat or to-go when you're on the run.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I went here specifically due to all the other reviews I had previously read. I had a coffee and the vegetable frittata with the beetroot salad. I'm a bit of a coffee snob and I loved every sip of it and didn't want it to end. Then the frittata was absolutely amazing! The beetroot salad topped it off. Can't fault anything. And best of all it's cheap - especially for such a touristy area! I'll definitely be going back there.

1  Thank madaru

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here for a leisurely breakfast to start my day of wandering around the city and it was perfect! Friendly, prompt service and great food and coffee. The atmosphere is lovely too with communal tables outside on a little alleywau and nice sunny tables inside. Good jazzy music playing as well! I had the fig muesli and it was quite a good portion and delicious as well. I would highly recommend this café if you're in the area!

1  Thank Asheps
Reviewed January 9, 2013

It might be a little tucked away, but being away from the crazy crowds is refreshing. The formula for this cafe is spot on. Not just the vast menu to entice you but a specials board to capture the seasons best. The decor is like sitting in your homely sunroom on a lazy weekend. Staff are attentive. During the week, workers flood at lunchtimes as they know of its value. The local produce dotted around the store is well worth a look/purchase. Oh & the coffee is well worth the second cup. Don't miss this gem.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I recently visited Sydney for 3 1/2 weeks and stayed in The Rocks area. We made the happy discovery of the fine food store quite by accident on our first day. The initial clue as to its quality was that each time we walked past it was crowded. The next tipoff came in perusing their menu. The food choices looked interesting, so we tried it the next morning for breakfast and were "hooked." Over the course of our visit we enjoyed many meals there, and the food was always consistently wonderful. The staff was always friendly and helpful, and the ambience was perfect for both locals and visitors. We both HIGHLY recommend this little hidden treasure. The next time we visit this delightful city we will stay again nearby and plan to return to the fine food store.

1  Thank Kathleen D
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The spicy baked beans, breakfast panini, lamb sausage and coffee tasted amazing and my husband and I visited 3 days in a row for breakfast. Service was good, restaurant tucked away but a nice setting. Only downfall was the mushroom meal on the brekky menu which tasted awful and arrived cold. Wait person was quick to deliver an alternative dish and free coffee to make up for it though :)