“The place is great but not the people who frequent”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Goldfish - CLOSED

Goldfish
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Asian, Australian, Middle Eastern
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating
Neighborhood: City East
Description: Goldfish is a stylish cocktail lounge bar situated across from the famous Kings Cross Coca-Cola sign. The decor is filled with ottomans, sheer curtains, hardwood tables and leather lounges. It has a large island bar with a long brass top serving classic and sumptuous cocktails. Featuring a state of the art light and sound system and a food menu that is a fresh mixture of Mediterranean / Asian / Middle Eastern infused dishes. With a door policy that is attitude over attire; everyone is welcomed.
Bogota, Colombia
“The place is great but not the people who frequent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I've there once while visiting Sydney on a Thursday I guess. The environment is great as the decor is beautiful and the music is nice. Moreover, I enjoyed the drinks, the service and the hostess was friendly and helpful with me and my friends. However, if you are someone simple that doesn't have a pretentious and gloating attitude you might feel a stranger in a strange land there. It's quite expensive as well.

• Visited January 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Sydney, Australia
“Perfect Event Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I recently organised my 23rd Birthday event at Goldfish for a small group of girlfriends on a Saturday night. The night was a great success! I was given a VIP area for free and presented with birthday cupcakes, a card and a complimentary bottle of champagne on arrival. We were continuously looked after by the staff who made us feel very welcome. The bar staff were incredible making us a range of different cocktails and shots. Great venue in a great location. Would definitely consider hosting another event at Goldfish!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Melissa M
“Fabulous customer service and incredible events management team!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I hosted my best friends Hens Night at Goldfish Kings Cross and the events management team were awesome! They did everything possible to make the night amazing and were very accommodating to each and every one of our requests from entertainment to dietary preferences, they also spoilt us on the night with free champagne on arrival and gave out tasty cupcakes at the end of the night! We all had an fantastic night and would like to commend the staff for doing an incredible job. Thank you!!!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Teeni83
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Incomparable service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

So I booked a large area for a lot of people for free, with no bar tab. I arrived and was given a complementary bottle of bubbly, and told that they had also ordered some cupcakes for us, all free. Throughout the night, service was excellent, nobody had to wait more than a couple of minutes to get a drink, and they dedicated a staff member to us, plus there were a couple of others who were very willing to help. The $10 cocktails and half-price food was amazing value, this turned out to be a very great place to start the night, and would be so whether you have 60 people, as I did, or five.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank EdwinMZ
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Feel prejudiced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Paid 25 bucks to get inside. Had time for two glasses of water before getting pushed out by the security without a proper explanation (which I'm still waiting for). Couldn't get back inside while lots of people were being admitted for free.

If that's not prejudice I don't know what is.

1 Thank Fernando P