“Annoying staff”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Description: Wine Odyssey is an independently owned Wine Bar and Restaurant in The Rocks, Sydney. We search every corner of Australia for the most premium, independent and family owned wineries and offer them at great value.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Love Wine Odyssey's extensive wine list and quirky decor
Have been several times pre theatre or just at the end of a long hot day after work.
- on our last visit service was quite poor - staff member with a poor command of English - really muddled an uncomplicated the order - and note - do not ask the staff to recommend something it will always be from the top of the price range

Rémi P, General Manager at Wine Odyssey, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Wine Odyssey Australia. Without your valuable comments and feedback, we cannot improve our offering.

I do apologise that you found your service less than satisfactory. Whilst it is atypical that one of our waiters was unable to recommend a wine or to speak proper English, I have reviewed the matter with our restaurant manager, and we have used the experience as a training opportunity. Again, thank you for bringing the matter to our attention.

On a positive note, thank you for acknowledging our good selection of wines. We are proud to offer over 60 wines by the glass, and our Food and Wine Flights are a great opportunity to sample three small dishes and three tastes of wine, expertly paired.

Thank you again for visiting us and bringing these matters to my attention. I do trust you enjoyed the rest of your time in Sydney.

Sincere best wishes,

Rémi Pinatel
Wine Odyssey Australia

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch in the restaurant in Jan, didn't plan for it, just walked pass and went in.
I had their one of the set lunch, 3 items of tasting menu for AUD$24. The food is amazing, I don't eat that much so the portion is fine with me. But comparatively it's a little small with that price, the service was great.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

it's a fantasy land for wine lovers. a lot to try, I tried the selection of wine combines with cheese and i loved it. the atmosphere is great and the selection is endless. i'll go again for sure

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I didn't expect much as I didn't know this restaurant at all. We got there by chance.
The food was a real poem, fine cuisine of 5 star dinning, without the price tag of 5 star restaurant.
Small portions, but rich taste, you wont need anything after. It was the best dinner we have had in Australia!

The service- just ok, everybody polite and nice but they forgot the side we have ordered. Good wine and all in good price.
But food was a highlight!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great place to taste Australian wines by the taste, small portion or regular serving... You choose! They even had Penfold's Grange, and at 35$ a taste, it's pretty much on par with the tasing price at Penfold's in Barossa. My only low was the kangaroo sliders, I was dissapointed that they were obviously "processed" meat, thought I'd get something a bit more authentic when ordering Kangaroo for the first time!