“Brilliant, original tour!”

Sydney Architecture Walks
Ranked #49 of 252 Outdoor Activities in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are architects and we want to share our city with you. We organise intimate walking and bicycle tours that are open to the general public. We also arrange private / customised architectural tours and itineraries on request. Taking the form of a series of urban provocations, our conversations are straightforward and jargon-free exercises in story telling. Aimed at the expert-enthusiast, we want you to understand the 'why' of the city whilst exploring the most provocative and daring projects Sydney houses; works of architecture, public art and landscape that inspire and delight but also projects that reveal something of Sydney's grimy pulse. We are interested in ideas and in the drivers of city; the vibrant network of invisible forces - political, cultural, economic and environmental that give the city form. Get stung by architecture. Sydney will never look the same again. We promise!
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I went on the Utzon tour and enjoyed every second of it. I would recommend a SAW tour to anyone, a very worthwhile experience to have in Sydney - an original, insightful and interesting perspective. I loved it!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We attended the Architects Walk as part of a professional development trip to Sydney. The walk was one of the highlights of our trip. I found it really interesting, with a good balance of talking about not only the physical attributes of the buildings, but the principles applied in the design of the buildings and the stories behind them. Some of the history and pattern of settlement of Sydney was also well and entertainingly worked into the discussion on the three main buildings our walk focussed on. Our guide was very knowledgeable and an engaging speaker. With our small group of about 8 or 9 people we had plenty of opportunity for questions and informal discussions. I would be keen to do another similar walk on my next visit to Sydney.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had a such an enjoyable few hours yesterday wandering about the city with Eoghan. He brought alive some of the history (and political machinations!) behind the city and the way its buildings have come together. In a small group of approx 8 people we had time for questions and discussion and heard some wonderful anecdotes about various architects and politicians. I paticularly enjoyed the historical aspects of the walk/talk and am looking forward to joining more of SAW's walks through the city soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I can't think of a much better way to spend a Sunday morning...riding around a beautiful city learning about the buildings, the people and the stories behind them - and getting exercise at the same time. I could easily do the same ride again and am now really keen to do more of SAW's tours as well as finding similar rides in other cities. I would suggest you need to be reasonably fit to complete the tour though.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We arrived along with the outer edges of Cyclone Oswald, so we did the walk in the rain. It was a wonderful intro to Sydney, its political and social history and the influences that shaped it -- so much more than a dry catalogue of nice buildings. Instead of a traditional "sites" tour, we got a conversation about Sydney. This was our first visit to The city and first SAW. We'll be back to Sydney and SAW's other walks are already on the things-to-do list. Much of the fun of travel comes from learning, and Eoghan was a splendid teacher. Rain be damned; we had a great time.