“I learned things about my own city I didn't know!!”
Review of Peek Tours Sydney

Balmain Pub Walking Tour
Ranked #80 of 347 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Home of the famous Rocks Pub Walking Tour!The Rocks Pub Walk:Tread in the footsteps of the convicts, larrikin gangs & locals of the past as you share a drink in 3 of Sydney's oldest pubs. Between watering holes, your guide will take you through the alleys & cobbled streets of The Rocks as they share the gossip, shouts and stories of Australia's first European settlement. The Bondi Beach Tour walking tour with Bronte and Coogee extensions runs daily in summer!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I took a friend from the states on this tour in mid December. Our guide was Katherine, and she was a very friendly, well spoken, knowledgeable young lady. I learned things about Sydney I didn't know, which is pretty impressive as its my home town. I would recommend this tour as a great introduction to people new (and old) to Sydney, there is lots of information about the early colony as well as many tips for travellers.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Craig is one of the best tour guides we've ever seen. His free walking tour is a MUST if you visit Sydney. It takes about 2.5 hours and includes a stop for refreshments (you pay) and a toilet break. The pace is relaxed and his knowledge of history and events is impressive. He tells you money saving tips and gives you a great intro to Sydney. A very worthwhile tour.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We took a tour with Laura - as a history student she was very knowledgeable and as a person she was really good fun! She gave us lots of hints on how to save money on sightseeing attractions, so it's well worth starting your holiday with this tour before spending half your budget at expensive places. At the end of the tour you can give a tip to your liking.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Peak Tours is well worth it. I would go the first day you are in town. Very informative and interesting. You just tip the guy what you think the tour is worth. He does provide you a place to stop and use the restroom as well as grab a snack.

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Tour guide was Laura. Thank you, Laura! You were really informative and helpful.

Sunscreen is a must. In fact, re-apply is also a must. I was tanned by 4 shades at least by the end of the tour.

I was very lucky, the guide was an Aussies history major, my walk was really informative and well paced. She also pointed out cheap local places and gave lots of tips about where to go for what.

Great walking tour! must do for all Syndey first-timers.