“Great location! Comfortable stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bounce Sydney

Bounce Sydney
Ranked #3 of 137 Specialty Lodging in Sydney
“Great location! Comfortable stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed here with a bunch of friends and did the group booking thing to get our own dorm room.

When we checked in it was around midnight and we were all super tired. Check-in took aaaages. I think one of the guys on reception may have been a trainee or something. Not a huge deal usually but considering it wasn't at all busy it was a bit annoying..

The room was spacious for the amount of beds (3 sets of bunks and a single bed) and they were very comfortable. The room had plenty of storage room/lockers and lots of power points, as well as individual reading lights for each bed, which was handy!

One weird thing to note was on the first morning we were all just hanging out in the room and then a cleaning lady barged in and asked us when we were leaving. We told her we were a group and we weren't checking out til the following day and she just started vacuuming and cleaning around us in the room. Before this happened though, another person (did not see who) was able to enter our room, though they left quickly.. I'm used to staying in dorm rooms and having people coming and going often but this just felt a bit strange, really..

Also on check out something went wrong and instead of refunding me the $400 deposit (which we needed to pay as it was a group booking..) they CHARGED me another $400. Fortunately though the receptionist noticed and immediately refunded the $800. I thought this would overdraw my account but thankfully it didn't! That would've been a nasty surprise.

So aside from the odd cleaning lady and the check in/out, I really liked this place. The rooftop area was cool and the kitchen was large and clean. The bathrooms and dorms were also really clean and well maintained. The real winner here though is the location. It is right across from Central station and a short walk to everything you need and all the top attractions!

I would probably stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Bounce is 100% the best hostel I have ever stayed at.
Positives:
The rooms are good sized
The beds are comfortable
The nights out are well planned and good fun
Most of the staff live on site, and are more than happy to socialise during the days and the evenings
The view from the terrace is amazing

The negatives:
The lift is slow... And that is literally the only bad thing I can say about the place!

I enjoyed it so much at bounce that I extended my stay 3 times for an additional couple of weeks!

I would recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone looking to stay in Sydney!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Matt D
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Great place to stay, managed to get slightly earlier check in!
Fantastic location!
Staff were friendly and interested in your daily activities!
We had a private room as opposed to a dorm room and it was a great size, super comfy bed and nice bathroom :)

Quite pricey but that's just our opinion when it's a hostel as opposed to a hotel but I guess that's Sydney for you!

You won't be disappointed with your stay however I can't comment on what staying in a dorm is like!

• Stayed May 2014
Blackburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at wake up at the start if my travels and at bounce at the end of my travels.........by far bounce was much nicer overall. I had a private room both times. In my private room in wake up I had a bed and tv, in bounce the private room had tv en suite cupboards......and the comfiest bed I've ever slept in. It was clean friendly staff free wifi for limited time for each guest. Roof top terrace was lovely for the BBQs common room clean as too the kitchen. The setting is my only let down of this hostel although right next door to central train station the view was ugly (sorry) but overall so much cleaner friendlier and quiter than wake up!!!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

I have been meaning to come back to this place with friends, but haven't had the company to do so since I last stayed there.

This place was amazing. A+ Grade everything, with the only gripe being the expense, perhaps a few dollars more for the best of the best that Sydney has to offer.

Location is right across the street from Central station, which can be seen so much better when you're enjoying a meal and a drink from the colorful luxury decor on the top floor balcony.

Even the fire escape stairs are an attraction of this place, with artistically outrageous creations painted on the walls (scorpions and alien blobs from outer space as I last recall).

This hostel is well reviewed for good reason, very deserving of its awards and accolades.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Matthew C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

this was a clean hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It was a little bit noisy though because of the construction work that was right outside my window! But I guess that's not really their fault. The doors would also make a big bang everytime they opened and closed so I would wake up everytime someone came in and went out which was a lot! All in all it was a good stay though.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hojbjerg, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Stayed at Bounce with two friends in April. I must stay that we were all blown away my the cleanliness of the rooms and the high maintenance of the place. Slept in 8 girl dorm room, which was the only thing that reminded my that we were still staying the hostel.

The dorm rooms were huge with big lockers and mirrors, and separate plugs for each bed.

There's a fantastic roof top terrace on the top floor, where you can sit and enjoy the view over Sydney.
Also very each to access as it is almost directly next to Central Station. It is quite a far walk into the Opera House and the Bridge - but on the other side you've got China Town close by.

Although it is expensive compared to it being a hostel, you definitely get everything you've payed for.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends