“Best hostel I've ever stayed at”
Review of Bounce Sydney

Bounce Sydney
Ranked #3 of 142 Specialty Lodging in Sydney
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Best hostel I've ever stayed at”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Bounce is 100% the best hostel I have ever stayed at.
Positives:
The rooms are good sized
The beds are comfortable
The nights out are well planned and good fun
Most of the staff live on site, and are more than happy to socialise during the days and the evenings
The view from the terrace is amazing

The negatives:
The lift is slow... And that is literally the only bad thing I can say about the place!

I enjoyed it so much at bounce that I extended my stay 3 times for an additional couple of weeks!

I would recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone looking to stay in Sydney!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Matt D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Great place to stay, managed to get slightly earlier check in!
Fantastic location!
Staff were friendly and interested in your daily activities!
We had a private room as opposed to a dorm room and it was a great size, super comfy bed and nice bathroom :)

Quite pricey but that's just our opinion when it's a hostel as opposed to a hotel but I guess that's Sydney for you!

You won't be disappointed with your stay however I can't comment on what staying in a dorm is like!

• Stayed May 2014
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at wake up at the start if my travels and at bounce at the end of my travels.........by far bounce was much nicer overall. I had a private room both times. In my private room in wake up I had a bed and tv, in bounce the private room had tv en suite cupboards......and the comfiest bed I've ever slept in. It was clean friendly staff free wifi for limited time for each guest. Roof top terrace was lovely for the BBQs common room clean as too the kitchen. The setting is my only let down of this hostel although right next door to central train station the view was ugly (sorry) but overall so much cleaner friendlier and quiter than wake up!!!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I have been meaning to come back to this place with friends, but haven't had the company to do so since I last stayed there.

This place was amazing. A+ Grade everything, with the only gripe being the expense, perhaps a few dollars more for the best of the best that Sydney has to offer.

Location is right across the street from Central station, which can be seen so much better when you're enjoying a meal and a drink from the colorful luxury decor on the top floor balcony.

Even the fire escape stairs are an attraction of this place, with artistically outrageous creations painted on the walls (scorpions and alien blobs from outer space as I last recall).

This hostel is well reviewed for good reason, very deserving of its awards and accolades.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Matthew C
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

this was a clean hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It was a little bit noisy though because of the construction work that was right outside my window! But I guess that's not really their fault. The doors would also make a big bang everytime they opened and closed so I would wake up everytime someone came in and went out which was a lot! All in all it was a good stay though.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hojbjerg, Denmark
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Stayed at Bounce with two friends in April. I must stay that we were all blown away my the cleanliness of the rooms and the high maintenance of the place. Slept in 8 girl dorm room, which was the only thing that reminded my that we were still staying the hostel.

The dorm rooms were huge with big lockers and mirrors, and separate plugs for each bed.

There's a fantastic roof top terrace on the top floor, where you can sit and enjoy the view over Sydney.
Also very each to access as it is almost directly next to Central Station. It is quite a far walk into the Opera House and the Bridge - but on the other side you've got China Town close by.

Although it is expensive compared to it being a hostel, you definitely get everything you've payed for.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I honestly cannot recommend this place enough. Sure, it's a bit on the expensive side of things but you definitely get your money's worth. I've stayed here a few times, in total for probably around 12 weeks and each time it's just got better and better... It is by far the best hostel in Australia. To start off with, it's immaculately clean all the time and there are always people pottering about cleaning. The rooms are huge and you get your own massive locker with plug sockets inside although I never felt the need to keep my valuables in my locker because there were never any reports of stealing there. Every time I've stayed at Bounce I've met the nicest people and they've ended up being friends for life. The rooftop is amazing, excellent views over the city, a great place to relax and catch some rays in the day and at night everyone gets involved up there having drinks and socialising. Having this area makes it so much easier to meet people. The lounge area is great with new sofa's that are soooo comfy, it really feels like a home rather than a hostel. It's a lively hostel where if you want to go out and party theres always people to go with and the nights arranged by the hostel are always awesome but they never push you to go out and you can get a good night's sleep too. The beds are actually really comfy too.. Honestly, I can't say enough how amazing this place is, I can't fault it. Staff are amazing, ended up being great friends with them all.. if you're looking at this wondering whether to book just do it, you really won't regret it!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo