“Fun, fresh and reliable.”
Review of Bounce Sydney

Bounce Sydney
Ranked #3 of 143 Specialty Lodging in Sydney
Reviewed April 10, 2011

As far as backpacker hotels go this is definitely one of the better ones. I stayed in an 8 bed female dorm and was really happy with it. There was loads of room, we each had a light at our own bed, we each had a huge locker that comfortably fits a big suitcase/backpack and there are power-points inside the lockers for charging electrical items securely. The beds were very comfortable and the bunks don't squeak (yet!). The ladies shared bathroom was mostly clean, which is good considering it is constantly used. The upstairs balcony beside the kitchen-diner is fantastic, with lots of comfortable seating areas and a nice view of the city lights, and again was usually very clean despite lots of use. The biggest plus for me is the location, right beside central station so easy access to the airport and most destinations in the city, and only a 20min walk to the city centre, or hop on the free city circle bus outside the station. There are also lots of great bars, cafes and restaurant in nearby Surry Hills. The artwork throughout is bright and quirky and the staff seemed friendly. We even all got free yummy cake for Bounce's first birthday!! There are always drawbacks with staying at a backpackers but this is inevitable and simply due the constant use and high volume and turnover of guests. Bounce feels clean, fresh and new, and it will take a lot of hard work to keep it this way and not slip in the way of other older, grotty hotels. I stayed for a week and was really happy with everything, I have already recommended Bounce to friends for when they need somewhere reliable to stay in Sydney.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed April 4, 2011

The hostel itself was great, the rooms and bathrooms were clean, the kitchen was well-equipped. The location was great, right next to Central station and the security (lockers, room keys etc) was great. Although the condition of the hostel could easily go downhill if it's not taken care of properly.

The staff were rubbish. First of all I had booked an 8 share female dorm and got put in a 7 share mixed dorm. When I tried to change it the person who booked me in accused me of booking the wrong room online and blamed it on me...when I certainly hadn't. I even checked my original booking and it definitely says 8 share female! So, not my fault.
I eventually got moved to a 8 share female...only to find after I had been moved that there were no beds free anyway! Finally after waiting around 45 minutes I got put in another 8 share female dorm, BUT I was told to pay another $35 to stay in it because it had an en suite bathroom. Which still isn't what I booked in the first place!! I don't see why I had to pay extra for their mistake. I booked on THEIR website using THEIR system and I'm still getting conned and blamed for their mess! I queried the extra $35 the next day and they just fobbed me off with 24 hours free internet...which actually turned out to only be 15 hours.
I'm not sure if would stay there again I'm really put off by this experience and I will definitely be letting other people know about it.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
BounceHotel, Owner at Bounce Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

Hi Omoly,
Ouch! Sorry to hear that our service was not as you (and I) would have expected it to be.
If it's okay with you I would like to follow up on your experience to ensure it never happens again.
Could I get you to email me directly at craig@bouncehotel.com.au with the details of your stay and I will follow it up immediately.
If you are coming to Sydney again I hope you will contact me directly so I can ensure you get to experience the best that Bounce has to offer.
Yours sincerely,
Craig Donnell
Managing Director

Reviewed April 3, 2011

I returned last night from a 3 day stay Bounce Hotel. Rooms were impeccably clean and quiet with great beds and vibrant colours. Air con worked well, staff were friendly and helpful at all times. Breakfast each morning was terrific in their bar and transport to anywhere could not have been any closer. Views from the rooftop are magnificent and it was so handy to the new sparkling kitchen where all facilties needed were available. Internet, movies in the evening, good value meals at the bar, knowledgeable reception staff - it all gave a nice vibe and felt good coming home after a long day out.

Room Tip: Just ask the staff for their recommendation
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2011

As a single or as a family, The Bouce is where all backpackers should be. High standard at every level, particularly the cleanliness, rooms, location nd value for money. A must is to lounge around on the terrice, with amazing views across the south of the city. You will even see the sun set. ENJOY your stay, as we did. x

Room Tip: There are rooms with ensuites. A nice option
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I am staying in a 6 female dorm with private bathroom, room is abit small but overall is pretty comfy stay!!! very clean and new room..gd value for money compare to other backpacker in CBD..will definitely stay again for my next short trip to Sydney :)

Room Tip: Bring ur own locker key, coz it cost money to hire
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank sher32
Reviewed March 28, 2011

We stayed at Bounce with friends, for 1 night in a Queen Room with ensuite. It was neatly presented, modern, comfortable beds - had all that we needed for our stay. We found the staff helpful, especially the Winking Lizard Cafe/Bar staff, where we spent quite a few hours before walking down to Darling Harbour. Very convenient location to all the attractions Sydney has to offer.
We're bringing back a group of 40+ guests in April - that's how confident we are in Bounce!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We stayed at Bounce with our young family in a family room and it was excellent. Fantastic location, comfortable rooms, loved the rooftop balcony. Would definately stay there again and have receommened Bounce Hotel to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family