“Absolutely amazing Indian/Pakistani food and wonderful service”

Lal Qila Restaurant
Ranked #904 of 6,492 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Barbecue, Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Description: LAL QILA RESTAURANT We aim to provide best food menu in Sydney by offering traditional Pakistani and south Asian cuisine based on the highest standards of quality, taste, hygiene, presentation and service. Authentic Pakistani & Indian Cuisine " Lal Qila Restaurant " in the heart of Surry Hills famous eatery area. "Lal Qila" we serve creative, Authentic Pakistani & Indian food by professional cooks who treat the cuisine with reverence and respect. You will love the food, service and environment to make you feel proud patrons of "Lal Qila". LAL QILA is beautifully located at a convenient locationin Surry Hills in Sydney. It has becom a benchmark name in hospitality sector offering range of South Asian food especially Pakistani and Indian cuisine with in short period of time ... and with its fabulous size and outlook you'll be sure not pass without a second look.... Be sure to visit the place whatever the occasion, whether its to fulfill your craving for mouthwatering dishes from the South-Asian continent or to enjoy a birthday or any sort of event to celebrating in comfortable environment. With its amazing waiter service and friendly reception your guaranteed to have an unforgettable experience. So all you inidan food lovers would finally have the opportunity to taste not only the best but the finest authentic PAKISTANI DISHES. WE NOW CATER FOR WEDDINGS AND HAVE A TAKE AWAY SERVICE WITH FREE DELIVERY FOR AN ORDER OVER $30
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This place is everything I could ask for in a restaurant. Amazing (and I mean amazing) food and exquisite service! I ordered the curried prawns and fish combo dinner, a goat dish that wasn't on the menu, naan, and a mint yogurt sauce (I carried out so that I could make rice at home and save a little money). The food was more than I could have asked for; the flavors were out of this world and had just the right amount of spice. Not to mention the wait wasn't bad . . . only 20 minutes for my dishes to arrive. While I waited, the waitress kept me company with thoughtful conversation. I will definitely return.

4  Thank Constantly T

Reviewed July 30, 2013

DIned at the place 3 nights in a row last week and was amazed at both the quality of the food (one of the best Indian food you can have ANYWHERE) and the service (Deepika was one of the most friendly waitress I have come across). We dined in groups of 6 (mix of Caucasians / Asians) and everyone consistently agreed it was the best food they have had. I would put it as a TOP 5 Indian DIning I ever had across geographies.

3  Thank easzee
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Went here last night following Tripadvisor recommendation. It's a taxi ride from the CBD but well worth it. Very authentic and delicious curries and house specials recommended to us by the vey helpful waitress, Dipsa. Restaurant was full of local Asian folk eating, which is always a good sign. The restaurant is BYO and nearest bottle shop is some distance, so come prepared. It was really good to eat somewhere authentic and off the beaten track after a week in Sydney.

3  Thank BillyboyG
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I went here with a friend before the football last night. We were greeted by a friendly waitress who offered the specials to us. We decided to try the entree chicken with crispy onions on a hot plate to share. Not only was it a generous portion it was lovely. For mains we went the specials again,a wok cooked goat curry and a clay pot beef curry,both were sensational. Top this off with yummy sesame naans and it was the perfect meal. I'll be back for sure the next time I'm in Sydney.

2  Thank Graeme017
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Having read rave reviews about this restaurant, I decided to go here for some good, authentic Indian/Pakistani cuisine. I was not disappointed.

From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with friendly service. The food was tasty and reasonably priced. Unlike a lot of places that essentially offer a bunch of Western dishes, the dishes offered here are authentic and full of flavour! This is reflected in the clientele who are clearly there for the real deal.

Another perk was being able to drive there and park easily right outside the restaurant (as long as you arrive after 7pm). Only downside is that there is not an alcoholic drinks menu, but BYO is ideal, just make sure to bring your drink of choice.

Enjoy!