“Great Tour”

and up
Sydney's Hottest Precincts
Ranked #77 of 347 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Get a real taste of Sydney with one of Ultimately Sydney’s day tours. A collection of half and full day touring options bring the city of Sydney to life, unveiling unique perspectives on some of the city’s most famous icons and exploring some of its most colourful hidden gems; appealing to locals and visitors alike. The Story of Sydney half day tour is packed with lifestyle, culture and historical insights as well as many great photo opportunities. The perfect way to orient yourself in Sydney. The Gourmet Inner West Tour takes you on a culinary journey across Europe without leaving the city. Savour a vibrant blend of modern Australian and traditional European flavours and cultures.The Gourmet Sydney South Tour introduces you to a multicultural collection of the makers and bakers of some of South Sydney’s tastiest treats. All tours travel in small group comfort with friendly and knowledgeable guides - GIft Certificates and Private Charter tours are also available.
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We recently went on the Inner West Gourmet tour by Ultimately Sydney and had a great time, found new places we will return to, enjoyed the variety too - commencing with a coffee tasing, then on to a meat wholesaler, spice shop, italian deli, choolate shop and finishing with a wine tasting - thoroughly recommend them! Lorraine

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We went on the South Sydney (Greek/Vietnamese/Brewery) tour. The transport was modern and very comfortable. The tour guide, Rohan, was excellent, getting the balance right between informative but not over the top. The various stops were all well chosen and provided a real insight into a part of Sydney previously unknown to us. Shopping bags were provided - we initially thought we wouldn't be using them. We were wrong as we were unable to resist purchasing from almost every venue!

A great trip to discover some hidden aspects of Sydeny - we will be taking the other tour (Inner West) soon.

1  Thank Mobinsyd
WildoneLa, Owner at Ultimately Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for your review. We love what we do and it's even better when you love what we do..!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

An imaginative Fathers Day gift saw my daughter and I embark on the Sydney South Gourmet Tour on a beautiful Sydney Spring Saturday morning.

Commencing in Chinatown, a small group of ten like minded "foodies" got aboard a very comfortable mini bus for our adventure through Sydney's lesser known food and drink specialists. The very friendly and knowledgable host, Rohan was a wealth of information and was always available for a chat - very easy going and helpful.

We ventured through the city, to Camperdown, through Petersham, Marrickville, St Peters, Erskineville, Alexandria, Surry Hills before returning to our starting point, some five hours later. Along the way we visited and had tastings at a Hellenic bakery, Vietnamese Restaurant, Greek butchery, Italian pasta manufacturer, boutique brewery, cheese maker and dumpling restaurant. Wow!

For someone who grew up in this area, I was gob smacked that most of these places even existed! I had no idea whatsoever that there was a brewery in my old suburb. Brilliant!

Small food and drink samples at each stop kept the hunger pains at bay, and before we knew it wed been on the go for nearly five hours. At every stop you have the opportunity to purchase goods if you wish....no pressure, no stress. But I must say, each of us did spend up along the way - the offerings were to good to refuse!!

All in all, it was a superb day out. These guys also do another similar inner west tour and I will definitely try that out.

I would recommend this definitely. As previously mentioned, for someone who grew up in this area I was a genuine eye opener....I can only imagine how interesting it must be for others less familiar with the region. The fac hat the time flew by, is always an indication of an enjoyable event.

Well done and most enjoyable.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Six women were onboard last Saturday for the Inner West Gourmet Tour, our guide was Rohan and we all were impressed.We are Sydney siders but discovered areas we had not visited --the tour was unhurried and after sampling the food at each venue lunch, was out of the question.I will recomend this tour and look forward to doing another

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I wasn't sure how much I'd learn in only a half day tour - but boy was I blown away! Our tour guide Rohan was such a professional from start to finish. He kept us on track and yet the day didn't seem hurried at all. Loved the fact that he had an esky in the back to keep all our purchases that need refrigerating cool. I will definitely be jumping in the car and taking hubby to see and experience all I did - it will be another great day to look forward to. My 2 favourite spots were definitely the Greek butcher - bought everything(!) and the Meat Cheese Salt (the gorgeous Italian Eduardo wasn't hard to look at either). All in all a great experience. Would not hesitate to recommend this tour to my friends and family.

WildoneLa, Manager at Ultimately Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Awesome review...! Thank you :)