“Great food, service and location.”
Review of Baroque Bistro

Baroque Bistro
Ranked #1,321 of 5,997 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in for a quick dinner after seeing a movie. Great location, quick friendly service and tasty food. Would recommend giving it a go, next time we'll try the lounge bar area inside.

There are newer reviews for Baroque Bistro

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I haven't been on a date night in a while and I wanted to go somewhere different. This quaint French patisserie has a modern twist; is beautifully located in the Rocks; has great views of the bridge and didn't disappoint in the food department. The service was impeccable and the our waitress was not only friendly but very informative with the food and wine and even knew where it originated from. It was definitely one of the best meals out I have had in a while. There was no room for dessert but apparently they are famous for there Macaroons.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Ah this is the life.. Sun streaming through large glass rustic windows overlooking historical buildings and a gorgeous harbour... Did I mention the food..?. Amazing pastries and breads baked on site.. My husband and I were licking our fingers after breakfast. Small servings , limited menu, but executed really well. We topped it off with chocolate crossaint , lovely coffee and macaroons to take away!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Drew Bolton is an amazing chef. The food is all class.
We went to Baroque for the first time on one of our visits to Sydney, and at Drew's recommendation had the Degustation menu. We didn't know what to expect but it went far above and beyond anything we had tasted before. It was just delightful from the very professional service, presentation and taste sensations of each course to getting to meet and talk with Drew himself. I cannot recommend this restaurant more highly.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had truly fantastic time at Baroque....I came with three other friends, one of whom had been telling us to come in for a while because they had heard great things. The location is great and we got a great view of the harbour bridge from our table. The service was friendly and informative and gave us a good overview of the menu and all the components of the dishes.

I ordered the beetroot salad for an entrée which was superb. A great balance of flavours and just so pretty. For main I had the lamb which was beautifully cooked and so full of flavour. Everyone on the table were raving about their food.

We shared desserts, getting a crème brulee and a chocolate mousse with banana, coriander and yuzu (forgot the French name for it!). These were beautifully presented and tasted amazing.

I would recommend Baroque to anyone and I'll definitely be back!

1  Thank Angela M