“Gorgeous food and fabulous service”
Review of Baroque Bistro

Baroque Bistro
Ranked #542 of 6,519 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I decided to try out this restaurant after reading many of the positive reviews by other TripAdvisor members.
The food and drinks were fantastic. After sharing the House made charcuterie and condiments, which were absolutely delicious, I had the lamb scotch fillet and it was not only beautifully presented, but a wonderful dish to eat.
The macarons are to die for, my particular favourite was the Salted Caramel!!!

The staff were highly attentive, but not to the point of making you uncomfortable. The only hiccup of the evening was the wrong beer being brought to my husband, however he decided to drink the wrong beer, which turned out to be a nicer drink anyway. The cocktail list is unique and my chosen cocktail was wonderful.

A fabulous experience and highly recommended!!!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I spent New Years Eve at Baroque with friends and the food and wine was exceptional. The food was fresh, interesting and first class. The views of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House made it one of the best venues to watch the fireworks without the hefty price tag. The staff were attentive and polite and helped to make it a brilliant night. Thank you to Christophe and his wonderful team. I highly recommend going to this restaurant.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

By no means excellent but not a bad effort. Not especially authentic French as the name suggests/evokes. Well-priced wine and some well-sourced French drops. Some French staff and a bit more of a 'French' menu might improve things further. Non, je ne regrette rien.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My partner and I flew from Brisbane to visit this bistro after reading great things about the highly acclaimed owner. We arrived at 2pm lunch time and no other customers were to be found, which is usually a bad sign. The many staff on the floor always managed to make themselves look extremely busy, however, this was not the case, as they did an extremely poor job at simple tasks like bringing our drinks to us after waiting half an hour, forgetting things we ordered, and leaving our food sitting on the counter waiting to be brought to us for half an hour. The unfriendliness and stupidity of the floor staff here astounded us to the point of laughter. Unbelievable. The food and location is great. But the staffing issues bring it down to the pits. What an absolute shame. Staffing is a simple thing to get right, but here,it is just so wrong.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were made feel very unwelcome from the first moment we came in.
The person, who was standing in front of cash register did not even know anything about lunch menu. When he showed us where to sit, he did not come to our table for at least 15 minutes, then my son went to him and asked if we can order now, he did not even apologise and served in the meantime people, who only came in. The dishes we ordered were: cured slices of beef with celeriac remoulade(it did not taste good,) and terrine with couple of carrots. They did not serve even one piece of bread with it, although there were typical dishes, which should come with bread. We would not recommend this place to anyone, because of the very unfriendly service and unpleasant taste of dishes.