“A standard when coming to the Star!”
Review of Fat Noodle

Fat Noodle
Ranked #384 of 6,032 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City West
Description: "Fun, funky and dynamic Asian street food with hawker style concept." - Luke Nguyen Fat Noodle has an open kitchen in full swing day and night. The man behind this Asian street food inspired venue is Luke Nguyen, one of Australia’s leading celebrity chefs and owner of award-winning Red Lantern restaurant in Sydney. A dynamic mix of Vietnamese, sprinkled with Chinese, Thai and Malay, Fat Noodle's menu is made up of delectable Asian street food inspired dishes. A highlight of the restaurant is Nguyen’s signature dish, a 20-hour beef broth, with thinly sliced Angus sirloin and brisket, bean sprouts, fresh Thai basil, fresh chilli and rice noodles.​
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Fat Noodle is a great place to have a quick meal prior to a show at the star!
Usually there is a short line but have always Been seated in 5 mins.
I have personally had alot of the menu but the Seafood Laksa and the Pho are stand outs!
Try a lychee and lemonade for a sweet refreshing non alcoholic drink!
I will keep coming back to fat noodle!!

1  Thank ChrisCondon

Reviewed August 6, 2013

On a recent trip into Sydney my husband & i came across Fat Noodle located within "The Star",
We ordered the mixed Dim Sum, duck pancakes & seafood chilli noodle to share.
service was fast & attentive, food was nice... Quick, easy lunch stop... Atmosphere was dark, dingy & too warm.. A better location with outside views would be better for this restaurant.
The food was nice, but wont be rushing back soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Everything here is ONLY almost, as others said, didn't live up to reputation.
the only food I like is the entree tofu.
the braised beef and shin noodle, terrible tasty.
the catch of the day, snapper, over-cooked.
the pork rib egg con-gee, tell me who on earth put pork ribs in the con-gee? with con-gee, the meet need to be lean and with a bit flavor inside, pork ribs with FAT! makes con-gee not fresh at all, feels greasy !
please! make the traditional con-gee, put preserved lean pork in! I know it will cost a bit more, but the food there is already with "high-quality" price, so just do the high quality food then.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I love this place as I live in the area and its a great place to go to last minute as you know you will always get a seat and its quick.
The food is amazing, the Wonton noodle soup is a favourite and the Pho is lovely too. I have tried most on the menu and its all top quality.
Its a fun atmosphere right in the middle of the casino, the service is great and you get complimentary tea to drink whilst there.
this is great for lunch/dinner, couples or small groups.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We came out of the War Horse show at the Lyric Theatre, and this was basically the only place open in the complex, as all of the other signature restaurants in the Casino close at the unheard of hour of 9.30pm (I always thought of Sydney as being a truly internatiuonal city - but obviously not) so full marks to the Fat Noodle for at least being open.

We were expectin great things from the kitchen of Luke Nguyen, a chef whom we havef ollowed in hs entertaining journeys through his native Vietnam, but we were slightly disappointed. The entrees were quite good, so it was a soubd start, but what disappointed me was the SIngapore Noodle dish that I ordered. I have visited Singapore nearly 100 times over the years, so I know this dish well, but this was nothing like the noodlesthat I have tried in that ciry. Indeed, as I worked my way through it it tasted more like an Italian pasta dish made with tomato sauce, with only the isolated instance when some flavour came through to indicate that this was an Oriental, and not a Mediterranean dish.

This does not mean that we did not enjoy the meal, but this detracted a little. Not wanting this to be a totally negative comment, let me also add that prices were very reasonable, especially considering its location in the middle of a casion, and the staff were very helpful, so it was more a case of something good, and something not so good, rather than a disaster or excellence.