“Fast, fun and fab” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fat Noodle

Fat Noodle
Ranked #458 of 5,816 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City West
Victoria, Australia
“Fast, fun and fab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our lunch here, lovely flavours, great service and we thought exceptional value. Better than I anticipated due to its location on the gaming area...we were luckily totally distracted by our food which was delicious.

Melbourne, Australia
“Pretty decent in all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Tasty morsels of Asian cuisine done quite well, even though the ambience of a casino gaming room full of drunken morons nearby probably detracted from the experience slightly. The soft shell crab was standout I found. The Pho was of decent flavour and quite a large serving. There are a number of reviews that are quite bad for this place but on the 2 occasions I were there, I found it pretty good myself.

The thing that I found really cheapened it was the fact that it was open to the gaming room, and quite noisy. A wall or some sort of partition would see that fixed easily.

The long bench seating gives the place a quick in and out feel also but I believe the food speaks for itself and whilst a little higher priced than the usual late night eats, it stood far beyond in terms of its quality too.

Visited June 2012
Mermaid Waters, Australia
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Great food - can watch the chefs at work so you know the kitchens clean. Quick and friendly service from all the staff. I thought the serving size was just right, value for money.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank digirolz
sydney
“Nice Noodles”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

Short, inexpensive menu choice, but I liked the stir fry.

Authentic as you can get, all the chefs were men who worked feverishly to get the food out quick - eat up so the next lot can get in.

Visited May 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Never disappointed after countless visits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

I always look forward to visiting Fat Noodle because I can rest assured that even if I lose money on the tables; at least I will have a nice meal...!

Everything I've tried has been 'pretty good' to 'fantastic' but the highlights that stick in my mind are the Rice Paper Rolls, Spicy Beef Skewers, Wagyu Beef and Mee Goreng.

In order to avoid confusion as to the 'style' of restaurant (refer to previous reviews) it's worth pointing out that they are targeting a 'hawker market' style restaurant where the food is brought to your table as soon as it's ready (this is stated on the menu). Admittedly, this did surprise me on the first visit but once you realise the concept, you just learn to order starters first; finish them; and then order mains. We checked that this was OK and they were more than happy.

On that matter, service was prompt and professional. Pricing is not cheap but not extravagant either.

Highly recommended...!