“The Very Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Real Sydney Tours

Real Sydney Tours
Ranked #3 of 339 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Real Sydney Tours guarantees to show you Sydney and its surrounding areas the way locals see it. We take you to all the nooks and cranny's of this beautiful city exploring some secluded bays and beaches but also making sure you see some of Sydney’s most iconic sites. We include suprises along the way and your driver/guide will make this tour intimate, fun but also informative. We cover Sydney,the Blue Mountains and The Hunter Valley and can tailor tours to other areas specifically for you and your group. Ideal for couples, families and small groups.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Jacksonville, FL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The Very Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

Suanne is the real thing. She promises a personal tour of her city, Sydney Australia, and she delivers! We spent two delightful days with Suanne on the front and back end of a cruise vacation. What struck us all (the five in our family group) was the way we became friends almost instantly on meeting her. It was like we had known her for years and she was showing us around her favorite place. She quickly and seamlessly arranged our travels to suit our interests and seemed prepared for any contingency. Little things like a morning tea break (actually sparkling wine and cookies and a taste of Vegemite) and cold bottles of water and matching umbrellas for everyone when the weather threatened showed how everything was planned for. We were still traveling home when we received sets of pictures of our visit by email on our phones. Different sets for different members of our group. She seemed to know just when to snap an unobtrusive picture of each of us with one of the delights we were experiencing. If you are looking for a mass market tour this is the wrong place. If you want a personal tour and an experience you will remember for a lifetime, call Suanne at Real Sydney Tours. Demographically, we ranged in age from my mother at 88 down to 44. We have done dozens (maybe hundreds) of tours all over the world and for the very first time I fell compelled to share the experience. It was that good!

Visited February 2011
Realsydneytours, Owner at Real Sydney Tours, responded to this review, February 19, 2011
Thank you so much for feeling compelled to write this wonderful review. I am so grateful and so lucky to have met you all. I am really happy you liked the photos I sent...some of them were great and you looked like models! It is so gratifying to me that you noticed all the small things that go into making A Real Sydney Tour and A Real Blue Mountains Tour such a personal experience and I, like you, feel that I had a wonderful group of friends with me for two days. All the best and thank you again.

Ponte Vedra Bch, Fl
3 attraction reviews
“An exceptional experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

Our family has traveled widely and we have had many occasions to hire private tour guides. Suanne, with Real Sydney Tours, was one of the very best tour guides we have ever had. We spent two full days with her and loved every minute. She was very informative, enthusiastic and such fun to be with. Her love for her hometown was contagious. She took us to so many beautiful spots all over Sydney and surprised us with little treats all day long. Real Sydney Tours is an experience not to be missed and Suanne leaves you with the happy feeling that you now have a new best friend.

Visited February 2011
Thank you so much again for choosing to do two days of touring with me while you were in Sydney and for this very lovely feedback. I am very lucky to be able to meet wonderful people like you from all over the world and I am so happy you enjoyed our time together.
Atlanta, Georgia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Top Notch in Every Way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

On January 28th, we were privileged to have Suanne as our guide as we did her Real Blue Mountains tour. We had a total of 5 private tours during our recent visit to Australia and New Zealand, and our day with Suanne was the best...by far! From the wonderful email communications with her as we planned our trip...to theAustralian taste treats along the way and the champagne tailgate celebration at the conclusion of our day, we couldn't have asked for anything more! However, the personal attention that she gave to my 90-year-old mom who was traveling with us was fabulous! Her recommendations of places that would be wheel-chair accessible for her and Suanne's many kindnesses in making the day special for ALL of us was greatly appreciated!!! Suanne is incredibly knowledgable about Sydney and the Blue Mountains. That knowledge proved to be very valuable when it looked like the weather would play havoc with our plans, but Suanne was able to find places where the views were still available and our wonderul day was able to proceed beautifully! Suanne even made a special trip to our hotel the next day to deliver a jacket that had been forgotten in her vehicle. She's a tour guide superstar in our book!

Visited January 2011
I am so touched and happy to hear from you and thank you for the absolutley gorgeous photos you sent me. The one of me and your Mum is an absolute favourite and it was such a pleasure for me to spend the day with your family and get to know you all. You are right about the weather...it could definitely have played havoc, but being a private tour it was wonderful to be able to change the initial itinerary to make sure we got to see what we went to The Blue Mountains for ...those amazing views! Thank you again for taking the time to write such a great review.
Shallotte, North Carolina
“Suanne prestented a tour beyond our expectation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

Susanne was our gquide for a four hour tour of Sydney. She was waiting for us when we arrived at the airport. She showed us beaches, parks, residential and business districts of Sydney and provided lots of background history about each section. She is very knowledgeable of Sydney as well as Australia and answered all questions presented. When asked, she included personal information which enriched the tour. Although not required, she exposed us to some of the local foods such as vegimite, crackers, and sweets which were most delightful and added a touch to the tour not previously experienced. Advise: bring walking shoes(there is not a lot of walking) and a camera.

Visited January 2011
Thank you for your review which I really appreciate. I thought the four of you did amazingly well considering that I had just picked you up from what must have been a very long flight! What is great about my personalised tours, is the fact that I can adjust the amount of walking to suit the needs of the group. When I felt one of you was getting a bit weary it was nice to be able to find a nice bench under a tree to relax and take it easy. I try and really be in tune with the physical abilities of each person...so as not to overdo the walking if it is going to be too much effort. I am so glad that you wore comfortable shoes ...always a must on a Real Sydney Tour, as of course is a camera. I hope you like the photos I sent you that I took with my camera too!
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Superb service - the best tours we've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

We booked two tours with Suanne after reading about her on Trip Advisor. We have often booked private tours whilst on holiday, but these were the best tours we've ever had. We are not particularly young and Suanne looked after us very well, making sure that she parked closely enough for me to easily walk and giving us plenty of breaks. The Real Sydney Tour was a fabulous day out, it felt like being out with a friend for the day. Suanne was extremely attentive and took us to all the places that would interest us after conversing with us by email prior to our holiday. Her whole day was focused on our personal comfort and enjoyment. Not much more expensive than group tours, to have Suanne to ourselves made the day really special. Suanne thinks of everything, supplied us with drinks, snacks, (and Aussie sweets!) and even queued up for us for meals and entrances etc whilst we relaxed! A few days later Suanne took us on her Blue Mountain tour which was every bit as good as our day in Sydney with her. Because it was just the two of us in Suannes very comfortable vehicle, we were able to go to some brilliant spots that the other tours don't go to. Between our two trips, Suanne did some internet research on some things of interest to my husband, and even brought printouts of it for him to keep. Above and beyond the call of duty I think!! We can't praise Suanne enough and would highly recommend Suanne and Real Sydney Tours - don't even bother to look at any others!

Visited November 2010
I am so happy to hear from you! Although we toured together a little while ago it is always a thrill for me to get such lovely feedback on TripAdvisor. Thank you. We defintiely had a lot of fun together and although the waether did not cooperate fully for us..we managed to stay positive and work our way around it. Thank you for remembering our time together and for telling others about it all.