“The Real Blue mountains!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Real Sydney Tours

Real Sydney Tours
Ranked #3 of 339 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Real Sydney Tours guarantees to show you Sydney and its surrounding areas the way locals see it. We take you to all the nooks and cranny's of this beautiful city exploring some secluded bays and beaches but also making sure you see some of Sydney’s most iconic sites. We include suprises along the way and your driver/guide will make this tour intimate, fun but also informative. We cover Sydney,the Blue Mountains and The Hunter Valley and can tailor tours to other areas specifically for you and your group. Ideal for couples, families and small groups.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Stairs / elevator
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Real Blue mountains!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

We would like to thank Suanne of Real Sydney Tours for a lovely, memorable trip to the Blue Mountains and especially for showing us the amazing secret spots which only the locals know about. Although some of us had already visited the blue mountains in the past, Suanne treated us to a unique view of the mountains which we all enjoyed. The sudden breathtaking vistas at the end of unmarked roads were magical and the entertaining anecdotes and yarns, along with the champagne, made the whole day so much fun. And thankyou for the smooth, comfortable ride too.

1 Thank wombatblue

Atlanta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Real Sydney Tours - The Real Deal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

When you visit a new and exciting country or city what has been the best way to learn your way around, see the sites and do the special things that only the locals know about? Usually you call up a long time friend or associate who lives in the area and get them to give you a personal tour. The agenda is flexible and tailored to your specific likes. The conversation is educational, yet casual and the entire day is a stress-free of relaxed fun. Well that is exactly what Real Sydney Tours (RST) delivers!

I learned about RST on TripAdvisor and sent a quick note to Suanne expressing our interest for a date in the last week of July. We chose the Blue Mountains tour as we were doing the City of Sydney on our own. We also had our daughter (10) with us and thought the winery tour would be a bit out of her area of interest.

Suanne asked about if there were any special consideration or dietary requirements (she remembered to bring some peanut butter for our daughter which was greatly appreciated) and explained that the vehicle would be a nice roomy 6 seat passenger van and we set the date.

We were picked up at 8AM sharp at our hotel by a smiling Suanne and an associate Cain (Suanne had injured her foot in a dancing accident and Cain came along to accompany us on the longer walks. The weather was a bit uncooperative, as we had a constant rain, so all agreed to be flexible on the schedule and the destinations as the day developed.

Our first stop was the Featherdale Wildlife Park. We liked it much more than the Taronga Zoo (which was undergoing heavy renovations) and Wildlife World. It has a much more "close-up" atmosphere and you can see and touch a lot of the animals (koalas, skinks, wallabies, emus, etc) and feed them. Pictures and petting a koala is included with admission whereas it is an extra charge item at the zoo.

We had a short morning tea break that included Tim-Tams (we're addicted), a glass of Mimosa, some other local treats and some properly prepared vegemite. The correct preparation is simple but done correctly it's a very tasty treat. I'm going to slip it into an hors d'oeuvres tray and not tell a soul.

We headed for the scenic lookouts and majestic but cloudy view of the famous three sisters. We elected to skip a descending walk due to the conditions and saved it for the rainforest near the scenic and steep railroad. When you see the Scenic Railroad you won't believe your eyes. It on a 50 degree incline and it takes you to the rainforest floor. The next section is a walking tour that shows you what it was like to be a coal miner in a rain forest in the 18th century. Let's just all agree it's not the Ritz Carlton.

We stopped for lunch in the little town of Leura and had some amazing scones at the Wayzgoose Cafe, toured the shops (nice candy store) and bought an Xmas ornament in the smallest Xmas in July shop we've ever seen.

The weather had gotten pretty wet so we piled into the car, grabbed some blankets to warm up and laid out our strategy for the last parts of the tour. My wife collects sand so we made our way over to Bondi beach at dusk for a surreptitious sample and Suanne treated us to glass of wine at Icebreakers, a famous private swimming club on Bondi beach.

At the end of the day Suanne and Cain dropped us back at the hotel fulfilled, delighted and exhausted by all we had done and seen that day. We would recommend Real Sydney Tours to anyone who really wants to see and learn about the Sydney area.

6 Thank diver90
Realsydneytours, Owner at Real Sydney Tours, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
Thank you so much for being so positive throughout the day when we encountered such terrible weather. We definitely made the most of it!
Forney, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Made my Sydney Vacation 100% better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

My wife, son and I traveled to Sydney for the first time and had no idea what exactly to expect. I booked the Real Sydney Tour around Sydney as one of my first vacation to do's. It was one of the best decisions that I have ever made as far as a vacation activity. Suanne will actually pick you up at the airport for a small fee and after an all night flight, we decided to go straight to our tour after dropping our luggage at the airport. Suanne and Eddy were incredible tour guides. They know this city inside and out and offer a personal and customized tour of this incredible city. Suanne is so knowledgeable about the city and is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. They took us everywhere around the city and gave us a taste of what Sydney is all about. We had tea in the morning with tastes of Sydney as the theme. I loved the Tim Tams and my wife loved the vegemite. We then toured more of the city and did some walking around to see some of the incredible sites around Sydney. We even saw a whale as we stopped at one of the beaches. We then had lunch at Bondi Beach at a wonderful beach club and just relaxed. Eddy took us on a walk around one of the beautiful parks and then back to our hotel It was the highlight of a wonderful vacation.

We loved the city tour so much that we booked the Blue Mountains tour with them and it was just as great. It was a full day of personal attention and some of the most scenic views I have ever seen. We did some hiking and just enjoyed God's creation in a personal way with Suanne and Eddy offering wonderful commentary to put it all into context.

I highly recommend that you let Suanne pick you up at the airport and do both the city tour and Blue Mountains tour with her and her group. She keeps the number on the tour low so it can be personal and you will just enjoy hanging out with her and the people that work with her. I haven't recommended many things before on trip advisor but this was well worth the time to share my experience.

3 Thank DallasMike1019
Realsydneytours, Owner at Real Sydney Tours, responded to this review, August 1, 2010
Thank you so much for such wonderful comments about our Real Sydney Tour and our Real Blue Mountains Tour. We love showing visitors the Real Sydney and surrounding areas and spending quality time with them. Please come back again soon.
Niederbayern
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An excellent tour around Sydney!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

With Suanne from Real Sydney Tours I spent a great day in the Sydney are. After an excellently guided tour through all the city in a very comfortable und clean car, she provided delicous snacks and cool drinks. The atmosphere was completed by the lovely decoration with tablecloth and napkins. It was an outstanding picnic in a very scenic environment.
I can absolutely recommend doing a tour provided by Real Sydney Tours!

1 Thank Sven_Hedin
Frankfurt, Germany
“Gorgeous Day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

It was a beautiful day when Suanne from Real Sydney Tours picked me up for our three hour tour around the exquisite South Head. Although I had visited the area a while back Suanne assured me that there are a lot of hidden gems that regularly escape the view of the average visitor. Our first stop in a small park had a lovely view of the harbor and we had a picnic with drinks and cookies all supplied by RST. Suanne showed off her vast knowledge of Sydney geography and history and introduced me to some of the lesser known landmarks around the harbor. My favorite part of the tour was a beautiful hidden bay which would be so easy to walk past by anyone who is not familiar with the area. We strolled across the bridge and took in the beautiful water and saw some very affluent homes. We then took a bit of a drive and Suanne pointed out a lot of interesting things without giving me an information overflow as I've experienced with so many other guides. Sydney is full of beautiful places away from the main tourist routes and RST has given me a new perspective of what there is to discover. Suanne is an excellent tour guide and I highly recommend the experience to anyone who loves to explore and to enjoy the little secrets of the local population