“Real Sydney Tour of Blue Mountains was a real pleasure"”
Review of Real Sydney Tours

Real Sydney Tours
Ranked #5 of 347 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Real Sydney Tours guarantees to show you Sydney and its surrounding areas the way locals see it. We take you to all the nooks and cranny's of this beautiful city exploring some secluded bays and beaches but also making sure you see some of Sydney’s most iconic sites. We include suprises along the way and your driver/guide will make this tour intimate, fun but also informative. We cover Sydney,the Blue Mountains and The Hunter Valley and can tailor tours to other areas specifically for you and your group. Ideal for couples, families and small groups.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed February 7, 2013

An excellent day in the Blue Mountain area with Suanne Adelman of Real Sydney Tours. She is as personable as she is professional; her "people skills" were evident throughout the "boutique" tour (only one other couple) my husband and I had arranged. Suanne showed genuine warmth and good judgment,deftly and respectfully dealing with the differing needs and opinions we had as individuals and couples. These same people skills also obviously smoothed our way with different site managers, as we moved without difficulty from magnificent vistas to mountain tram rides and from there to lunch in a charming, small town restaurant. From there we travelled to a 'right-sized' nature reserve (all the wallabies, roos, and birds one could desire) before concluding the day with a narrated ferry ride back to centrally-located Circular Quay. Throughout the day, Suanne offered complimentary Aussie snacks and made sure there were appropriately-time rest stops. I particularly appreciated how she always without fuss made a small step stool available to help me enter and leave the van comfortably.My husband and I also appreciated how Suanne knowledgeably commented on sites but also cheerfully welcomed our own comments and questions. The few times she did not have an immediate answer, we also valued how Suanne would turn to her trusty I Pad to doublecheck the fact in question.

We greatly enjoyed our Real Sydney Tour of the Blue Mountains and were glad to have spent the day accompanied by Suanne.

SJG2011, Owner at Real Sydney Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

It is always a pleasure for me to have guests from around the world on tour and sometimes when we just have a small number with us it makes for an intimate and fun tour. You guys were so accomplished in so many things. I was learning so much from you also. My trusty ipad certainly came in handy with all the "fish" questions that came up from our other guests...post tour...I am now somewhat of an expert on Australian and Sydney Harbour fish!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to connect with a group of people from our ship ( about 20 of us) and we all did The Real Sydney tour with Suanne. From the minute she picked us up in a very comfortable coach, until the end of our time on tour it was exceptional. We really felt like Suanne made the extra effort to get to know us all and its fair to say her enthusiasm and smile had the rest of us smiling along with her. The tour was really well thought out and we certainly covered so much of Sydney that we could not possibly have done on our own. But besides this, it was the way Sydney came to life through Suanne's stories and vast knowledge. I have never seen my husband smile so much in one day! At the end of the day he remarked that this was the best tour we did during our entire cruise vacation of Australia and New Zealand and I agree. We also got Suannes insight into Bondi Beach as she is pretty much a local and this helped us plan our extra days in Sydney. By the way Suanne, we did manage to find some of those "yummy" candies. Thanks for a great day

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I just returned from six weeks in New Zealand and Australia (four of them spent on the Crystal Symphony.) We spent one of our days in port in Sydney visiting the Blue Mountains with Real Sydney Tours. Suanne Adelman, who is the inspiration behind Real Sydney Tours, was an absolute joy to work with from my first inquiring email to hugging each other goodbye when she redelivered us to our cruise ship at the end of our tour. We were most fortunate to have Suanne as our personal guide, but she also has additional guides that lead tours. I feel confident that all would be held to exactly the same high standard that Suanne holds herself.

When I evaluate a day spent with a guide, I begin the evaluation with the first interaction by email months (and months!) before we actually meet. From my very first contact with Suanne, she was immediately responsive, informative, and helpful. That is also exactly how she conducted herself on our tour. When we disembarked the ship and saw her holding the sign with our name, I was struck by the huge smile on her face as she made recognition with me. From the very start, she was warm, friendly, gracious and full of personality. During the tour, she provided us with a wealth of information not just about the Blue Mountains, but also about life in Sydney, even family life. We both enjoyed comparing notes about both of our 20-something and almost 20-something children. Weather conditions are quite unpredictable in the Blue Mountains, and Suanne continuously adapted the order of sights that we visited based upon seeking the best views that the weather would permit as well as avoiding the crowds. She is a master at this. It was incredible how she performed her skills from that very first email until our Blue Mountains day came to an end.

By the end of the day, my husband and I were beyond satisfied! Not only did we have a fabulous day in the Blue Mountains, I honestly feel that I now have a friend in Sydney! If I'm lucky enough to return to Sydney one day, Suanne will definitely be among my list of "must sees!" If you couldn't tell by now, I highly recommend Real Sydney Tours when you visit Sydney. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Real Sydney Tours with Suanne was the highlight of our New Zealand and Australia cruise. My husband and I recommend her highly. Suanne took us to lots of interesting and fun places to really get a feel for the city. It was obvious she loves her city and takes great pride in it. We can't wait to go back !!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I booked this online from New Zealand and Suanne made this very simple friendly and efficient. We had arranged for a tour of six which included two of our party being picked up en route. Thank you Suanne and Nick for helping to organise this for us. We were picked up by Nick from our hotel and immediately felt relaxed and in good hands. Nick made the day very special with his enthusiasm and knowledge regarding our destinations. All the tickets and entrance fees were taken care of and we had nothing to worry or stress over. He went out of his way when Mary decided she would like to visit the "Teddy shop" described on our map and happily ended the day with her bears for the grandchildren. We were particularly surprised and enjoyed the regular little treats we got during the day. The blue mountains were truly wonderful to see and we got some really beautiful photos. We also really enjoyed the wildlife park with it's great variety of animals and birds. Nick dropped us at the ferry for a relaxing trip back to Sydney. We really recommend this trip and Real Sydney Tours for those wanting to get out of the city. Thank you so much and we look forward to being able to share another experience with you in the future.