“Special Day in the Blue Mountains”
Review of Real Sydney Tours

Real Sydney Tours
Ranked #9 of 374 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Real Sydney Tours guarantees to show you Sydney and its surrounding areas the way locals see it. We take you to all the nooks and cranny's of this beautiful city exploring some secluded bays and beaches but also making sure you see some of Sydney’s most iconic sites. We include suprises along the way and your driver/guide will make this tour intimate, fun but also informative. We cover Sydney,the Blue Mountains and The Hunter Valley and can tailor tours to other areas specifically for you and your group. Ideal for couples, families and small groups.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I booked this online from New Zealand and Suanne made this very simple friendly and efficient. We had arranged for a tour of six which included two of our party being picked up en route. Thank you Suanne and Nick for helping to organise this for us. We were picked up by Nick from our hotel and immediately felt relaxed and in good hands. Nick made the day very special with his enthusiasm and knowledge regarding our destinations. All the tickets and entrance fees were taken care of and we had nothing to worry or stress over. He went out of his way when Mary decided she would like to visit the "Teddy shop" described on our map and happily ended the day with her bears for the grandchildren. We were particularly surprised and enjoyed the regular little treats we got during the day. The blue mountains were truly wonderful to see and we got some really beautiful photos. We also really enjoyed the wildlife park with it's great variety of animals and birds. Nick dropped us at the ferry for a relaxing trip back to Sydney. We really recommend this trip and Real Sydney Tours for those wanting to get out of the city. Thank you so much and we look forward to being able to share another experience with you in the future.

All reviews
"tim tams"
in 15 reviews
"anzac cookies"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 10 reviews
"flora and fauna"
"wealth of knowledge"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We booked 2 tours with Real Sydney Tours. On our first day, our tour guide was Naomi. She loves Sydney and it showed throughout the day. She took us to places we never would have seen on our own. The 6 of us had so much fun. Loved the pie at "Harry's". So many little touches that made our day extra special. Our next day, just my husband and I spent the day going to the Blue Mountains with Suanne. We were celebrating our 40th Anniversary. It was our favorite tour during our whole vacation throughout New Zealand and Australia. She is so warm and fun to be with. We felt like part of her family. Loved Featherdale Wildlife Park and feeding the animals. The Blue Mountains were breathtaking and Suanne took us to places very few tourists get to see. I can't recommend Real Sydney Tours enough. No other tour operator caters to your wishes like Suanne does starting from your first email throughout your entire tour. She answers all your questions and tries to help make your time with her extra special. I would give Real Sydeny Tours more than 5 circles if I could!

SJG2011, Owner at Real Sydney Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

We felt honored that you had chosen to do two tours with us and I am so happy that we did not disappoint. A Blue Mountains Day can be extra special when we get to walk around the rainforest and have lots of viewing opportunities where other visitors rarely go. I'm so glad you liked the Captain Cook Cruise back to Sydney and as you know I never get tired of Featherdale as I love the interaction that my guests can have with the animals. I also had a great day...thank you so much. Suanne

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Sometimes a tour is so fun and makes such an impression, you wish you could give it more than 5 stars – and this is one of those times! Suanne showed us Sydney through the eyes of a local who really loves her home city. Right from the start, it felt more like we were visiting an old friend than like we were on a tour with someone we had just met. With Real Sydney Tours, you get a feeling for the personality of the city, not just the tourist highlights.

We expected to not like Sydney all that much – it’s just a big city, right? But Suanne’s love of this city really charmed us and we came away loving Sydney too and wishing we had more time there! (Definitely recommend more than 1 day!)

From the very beginning, Suanne was friendly, welcoming and relaxed; it set a fabulous mood for the day. She has a way of bringing the city to life – whether telling about the history of Sydney or answering our countless questions. She has extensive knowledge of the area and shared great stories and insights. She customized the tour around what we wanted to see. My husband mentioned loving parrots, so she took us to a park where Cockatoos and Corellas were all around. Along with the beauty of the city, the one thing we won’t forget is the little picnic with the Aussie combination of champagne, Vegemite and Tim Tams (YUMMM!!).

All in all a very personal and unforgettable experience! Don’t see Sydney without Suanne!

I am so so happy that you left loving Sydney and that I could show you the city through the eyes of a local who feels very blessed to live here. Thank you for being so lovely ...it was a great day. Suanne!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

As a travel agent I work with many tour operators from around the world, in working with Real Sydney Tours I have never been so impressed with a company. Suanne was wonderful to deal with, she communicated very well with me via email and phone.. Her suggestions of tours for my clients were great! My clients have raved over the service and about tour guide "Nicko" who was great! Both Suanne and her team have gone out of their way to make all my clients have the best experience they can when they visit Sydney! This company is now my number "1" choice for all my clients traveling to Sydney.

1  Thank Mayra T
See more reviews
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This was a great tour experience, from start to finish. From the beginning, Suanne was interested, involved and a delight to deal with. She arranged a tour of Sydney for us (a group of six) with her co-worker, Nick. It was a great tour, from a "tea" at a small bay, to driving around and seeing parts of Sydney that most tourists don't see, to lunch at Bondi Beach (which Suanne arranged and joined us for at a beach club). Nick was very knowledgable about Sydney and its history.
However, what sets Suanne and Real Sydney Tours apart from a lot of other tours I've taken over the years, is the care and personalized attention. A few months before our tour, Suanne sent me lists of restaurants and things to do in Sydney. When she found out we would be going to Tasmania and Melbourne, she gave me restaurant suggestions and a link to her foodie daughter's blog (which was very accurate by the way). And when we were in Sydney, she was willing to try and make us reservations at her favorite restaurants. When we were in Tasmania during the bush fires, Suanne texted AND called us to make sure we were okay. Saying she went above and beyond does not describe her - I left thinking I had made a new friend!
If it sounds like I'm gushing, I am. It was an excellent tour by any regular "tour standards." But it was also a great experience led by people who clearly loved what they did and truly cared about their clients.

2  Thank ccw999