“lovely cupcake”
Review of The Cupcake Bakery

The Cupcake Bakery
Ranked #58 of 62 Bakeries in Sydney
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Opposite Wynyard Street in George Street Sydney. It is below "The Ivy" building.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was doing some shopping when I saw this pretty spot where to eat, i've never tried a so good cupcake! it was delicious, very taste and fresh!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I ordered 28 cupcakes online, there was an error with the order so i immediately attempted to cancel, but the telephone number provided was out of service. I left several messages and emails, none of which were returned. I did not receive the cupcakes and they refuse to refund the money.

The value they place on customers is appalling!! I have never been treated so badly by a business.

1  Thank aroAustralian
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Staff went beyond the call of duty and were helpful with directions. Great coffee and cake when in a hurry... Great place to watch people hurry by.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I decided to try this place out twice before writing a review. On both visits (a couple months apart) I had dry and bad tasting cupcakes. I had the Vanilla Vanilla - tasted like a sponge, as well as the Red Velvet. It was obvious that the red velvet cupcake was old - the cake part tasted like the wrapper. I'm not sure where in Sydney has good cupcakes, but these aren't it.. The only good thing about this place was that the people were friendly..

2  Thank Grezyerton
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I have tried almost the entire range of cupcakes (standard and special range) over 5 separate visits. They have a number of outlets in Sydney metro area. The range of flavours is varied and interesting. My favourites are the red velvet, sticky date, hummingbird and the cheesecake one. If you are on a "diet" you can have the mini sized cupcakes instead. Make sure you get to the shop earlier in the day as the nicer flavours get sold out first!