“Terrible”

Metro Apartments on King
Ranked #40 of 58 Sydney B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The lack of photos on the website listings don't include the balcony for a reason, just 5 pavers, full of cigarette butts and saliva stains, used food utensils etc. Barely room
for two people.

The indoor balcony and blinds that dont shut allow pedestrians (and there are alot) to see right into your bedroom!

Wind, pedestrian and car noise riduculous. Sounds like someone is whistling non stop on the balcony.

Perfect view of all city bound traffic from the west, our room is 20 metres from the lights. Once again all traffic can see inside due to the tarnished blinds.

I have been here for 15 minutes.

Worst serviced apartment I have stayed at ever, not worth the $250 dollars.

• Stayed: July 2014
MIR_00, Manager at Metro Apartments on King, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thankyou for taking the time to review our apartments.

Though you have reviewed the Metro on Darling Harbour, I will respond to you here.

I’m sorry to see that you didn’t enjoy your stay at the Metro on Darling Harbour.

Whilst we did room move you once, if you had stated your concerns with the second room, we would have been only too happy to move you again.

As we are centrally located, road noise is inevitable and I am sorry it was not up to your standards.

Thanks again for the review and I hope your next stay is a more pleasant one.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

So, on arrival we were greeted with the news that the reception that we were in (Metro on the corner of Kings and Sussex) wasn't actually where we'd booked and we were across the road in another block. That was fine, annoying but fine.
The apartment was a reasonable size, spotlessly clean and the linen was wonderfully soft.
On the down side the shower basin was stripped of enamel and the shower mat did not cover this. I also failed to get the TV to work. You need to leave the apartment swiftly as a group- do not hold your door open in the evenings unless you are happy for the frying smell of your neighbour's cooking to full your apartment. Also prepare your senses for the assault they will earn on exiting the lift on any return after 6pm.
The biggest negative was the noise levels, as this property is on a hill EVERY driver appears to press their foot to the floor and during the week it's intolerable (Saturday morning was bearable however but that could have been the earplugs I bought on Friday morning).
The apartment is ideally placed for Darling Harbour, a hop, skip and jump and you'd be there and almost everywhere else is a reasonable and doable walk away.
Would I stay there again? If I had to and on a weekend yes, during the week- no, and most definitely not without my trusty earplugs!

Room Tip: Ensure you get the Internet access details sorted before you leave reception and keep them handy, yo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 12rocklily

Thank you, 12rocklily, For taking the time to review our apartments.

Unfortunately, due to our central location, road noise is unavoidable.

Thank you for mentioning our high levels of cleanliness in the rooms., our housekeepers take pride in maintaining such a high standard.

I am also sorry about the smell of the neighbors cooking, though as you can imagine, we can’t control what guest do cook.

Thank you again for you review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Went away with the kids for Christmas shopping. We were staying across the road from reception. The room was clean and tidy and located only minutes from the city. For what we paid it was definitely value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013
MIR_00, Manager at Metro Apartments on King, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
I was so happy to see that you brought the kids in to stay with us.
As you mentioned we have a great location in the heart of it all in the city,
I do hope that you got to time to have a swim in our roof top pool in the heart of the city.
We are very happy that you found the apartments clean and tidy and after showing my cleaning staff your review, they where very happy as they put in a big effort to make our guests happy.
I do hope that you can come and visit us soon, or maybe even next Christmas.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Apart nice enough for $144 but the traffic noise reminds me of Bangkok - no-relief. The pool was a relief though on a hot day. Don't take all your bags out yet if you arrive in your own car till you know which building your room is in as it may be across the road from reception. Sofa bed is not comfy. Also you might have to hold the toilet seat cover up as it doesn't stay up!

Room Tip: Higher floor might be less noisy. Not suitable for little kids.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our apartments.
Metro Hotels has two apartment blocks that we manage. Both are across the road from each other,and this is made very clear on all of our internet and advertising.
There is Metro apartments Darling Harbour and Metro Apartments on darling Harbour.
Since your last stay we have replaced ALL Sofa beds with Sealy 4" mattresses.
And we have also replaced the toilet seat, we did this as soon as it was brought you our attention. I do hope that you can visit us soon to see the changes we have made.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

the accommodation was that bad we walked out and was prepared to forgo the accommodation fee and stay somewhere else . would not put my cat in that room. what we saw on the net was not what was offered it was depressing.

Room Tip: stay away from this one you will be disappointed
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I do apologize for you not finding the apartments to your standard.
I do thank you for taking the time to review our apartments but i do not see what you are saying is correct.
The owners and myself have spent a considerable about of money and effort to bring these apartments up to high standard.
In the last 3 months we have repainted the apartments and add split air conditioners and replaced all white goods and re-tiled the bathrooms and kitchens.
All the photos where taken by myself ,so I know what is on the internet and on all advertising is on the apartments.
The building is old though along with the strata and the owners, Metro Hotels and myself consider this to be and apartments that is very well located and of a high standard.
I do hope that you can visit us again to see the improvements we have made.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We (a family of two children under 3 years) stayed for 2 nights in October 2013. Everything was clean and available. Staff was friendly and available. The best part was that we could walk to opera house (20 mins) and darling harbor (1 min). I will highly recommend this as it does save you for the taxi fares to go to these places. :-)
The only issue was that the halal food was a bit further than i had thought.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MIR_00, Manager at Metro Apartments on King, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our Apartments.
All that you have said is true we are so well located.
Since your last stay we have renovated the bathrooms and kitchen.
We have also installed full slit air conditioners in the Apartments and replaced the sofa beds with 4" Sealy Mattresses. With regards to the Halal food, myself and my staff are happy to assist with all restaurant recommendations also happy to assist with any of our guests needs.
I hope that you can visit us very soon so you can experience the improvements what we have made

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Not a bad choice if you want good location for a cheap price. Very noisy at night due to proximity of night clubs. DO NOT stay here if you are a light sleeper! You can hear every person leave the clubs, every truck, delivery, rubbish bins.... I do not exadurate! If you wanna party all night then go for it! Ideal given its location.

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you, Terri and Simon, for taking the time to review the apartments.
Due to our excellent central location, outside noise is unfortunately unavoidable. Whilst we cannot do much regarding traffic noise, we do offer ear plugs at reception for no charge for the few guests that require them .