“Great way to see the city”

I'm Free Walking Tours
Ranked #2 of 344 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover Sydney, on a Free Tour at 10:30am and 2:30pm everyday. Join your friendly and knowledgeable local tour guide as we reveal the history, stories and secrets of Sydney. This 3 hour easy walking tour meets everyday at the anchor in Town Hall Square beside the Sydney Town Hall building. Rain, hail or shine, no booking needed, just show up and there will be a guide in a bright green T-shirt to show you around. Or join us at 6pm each evening for a one and a half hour exploration of The Rocks our most historical district, starting from the water side of Cadmans Cottage. How are we Free? We work on a tips only basis, so everyone can enjoy Sydney as much as we do, whatever your budget.
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Having been to Sydney several times I was looking for something different to do. This free tour was excellent. Ross and even Evan who only started today were very knowledgable funny and I learnt so much more about Sydney. A must do whilst you are in Sydney.

There are newer reviews for I'm Free Walking Tours

Reviewed January 10, 2011

Thank to you guys. Even after years in Sydney I could discover more. Great to know you. I will always recommend you to my mates.

Reviewed January 9, 2011

Not only is it free (you can tip if you care to), but the guides are witty, funny, and very informative. Learned a lot about the city. This is fine wine on a beer budget. I recommend to everyone.

Reviewed January 6, 2011

This tour is the best way to start a trip in Sydney. Guides are knowledgeable and very helpful. We saw all of the highlights of Sydney, and were given plenty of ideas of other places to explore. Map is fantastic, an also gives details on other freebies available in Sydney.
Highly recommended for all travelers. We did this tour at the start of our stay in Sydney, and found that it not only gave us an insight into the city, but also the confidence to find our way around for the next few days that we were there.
While the tour lasted about 2 1/2 hours, and covered a lot of ground, it was an easy walk and not tiring at all. Guide accommodated for less mobile people on the tour, so it is really suitable for all.

Reviewed January 6, 2011

We went on this tour based on the review we read here. Yes, it really is free, and the meeting place is super easy to find.

Our tour guide, Claire, did a fantastic job showing us around the city. This was a wonderful way to figure out what else we wanted to do in Sydney for the rest of our trip, and helped us figure out our way around very easy. You must do this if you are in Australia!