“Good, informative Tour”

I'm Free Walking Tours
Ranked #2 of 370 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover Sydney, on a Free Tour at 10:30am and 2:30pm everyday. Join your friendly and knowledgeable local tour guide as we reveal the history, stories and secrets of Sydney. This 3 hour easy walking tour meets everyday at the anchor in Town Hall Square beside the Sydney Town Hall building. Rain, hail or shine, no booking needed, just show up and there will be a guide in a bright green T-shirt to show you around. Or join us at 6pm each evening for a one and a half hour exploration of The Rocks our most historical district, starting from the water side of Cadmans Cottage. How are we Free? We work on a tips only basis, so everyone can enjoy Sydney as much as we do, whatever your budget.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very good tour of Sydney's sights, takes in some of the lesser known places as well as the obvious big attractions. You will learn about the history of Sydney and about other attractions to do during your visit. Good first day activity but not as good the Melbourne tour.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,973)
All reviews
"sydney sights"
in 33 reviews
"hour walking tour"
in 23 reviews
"great introduction to sydney"
"your bearings"
in 39 reviews
"city tour"
in 51 reviews
"interesting stories"
in 29 reviews
"informative tour"
in 35 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 40 reviews
"sydney's history"
"rocks area"
in 38 reviews
"visited sydney"
in 24 reviews
"hyde park"

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We enjoyed a lot this interestng and comprehensive walking tour in Sydney. Our guide was fun and full of energy, telling us a lot about Sydney. It is a nice and affordable way to discover this great city. We definitly recommand both the 3h city tour and the 1.5 additionnal tour within the Rocks !

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I have just completed the I'm Free walking tour in Sydney. As stated, the guides don't charge & it's up to you to work out what they are worth. I certainly hope they made a lot of money from my tour because our guide was great. I saw parts of Sydney I have never seen before. The stories that accompanied each site were very different & interesting. This is the no 1 thing to do when you get here to give you a sense of history & orientation. I'm doing the 6pm Rocks tour tonight as well.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Justine was a terrific tour guide. She took us all over Sydney and narrated the various attractions with enthusiasm and professionalism. We are so glad we participated and highly recommend this activity for people who want to familiarize themselves with Sydney in a fun and very affordable way. Donations are accepted at the end of the tour. It lasted about 3 hours with a short 15 min lunch break in the middle.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I very much enjoyed the 3 hours spent with Chris exploring the historical highlights of Sydney city centre. Chris managed the large group of around 30 plus people very well and made sure everyone could hear what he was saying. He spoke clearly and had lots of interesting information to impart. Yes - you are expected to pay and I think most people did. However it is up to you. He puts in a fair amount of effort and is friendly and willing to interact with everyone. I would recommend this tour.