“Well worth it”

I'm Free Walking Tours
Ranked #2 of 339 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover Sydney, on a Free Tour at 10:30am and 2:30pm everyday. Join your friendly and knowledgeable local tour guide as we reveal the history, stories and secrets of Sydney. This 3 hour easy walking tour meets everyday at the anchor in Town Hall Square beside the Sydney Town Hall building. Rain, hail or shine, no booking needed, just show up and there will be a guide in a bright green T-shirt to show you around. Or join us at 6pm each evening for a one and a half hour exploration of The Rocks our most historical district, starting from the water side of Cadmans Cottage. How are we Free? We work on a tips only basis, so everyone can enjoy Sydney as much as we do, whatever your budget.
Cape Town
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Well worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I very much enjoyed the 3 hours spent with Chris exploring the historical highlights of Sydney city centre. Chris managed the large group of around 30 plus people very well and made sure everyone could hear what he was saying. He spoke clearly and had lots of interesting information to impart. Yes - you are expected to pay and I think most people did. However it is up to you. He puts in a fair amount of effort and is friendly and willing to interact with everyone. I would recommend this tour.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great walking tour of Sydney!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a great way to see many of Sydney's sights close up and learn about them from someone who knows all the rich history behind them. Our guide Ross was careful to keep us all together as we crossed streets, and kept us all together as we reached each talking point. He spoke clearly and loud enough for everyone in our group of 30+ to hear. If anyone had questions about their personal travel plans while in Sydney, Ross offered great advice about sights to see and the best ways to see them. He also knew the prices of other various activities to help with planning. He had a great sense of humor and shared many funny stories about the city and its heritage. This is a really good way to see the sights in three hours!

Visited July 2013
Brisbane, Australia
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“It was a very comprehensive overview of Sydney and also informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

The tours are not free but you are encouraged to pay only what you think it was worth. The tour guide was at pains to explain that if you did not like the tour you could pay nothing. It was a very comprehensive overview of Sydney and also informative.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Charles S
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Such a fun time and learned a lot - I would have paid good money for this Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I learned a lot from this tour and it was also enjoyable, exciting, and the guide had a good sense of humor (Chris). Got to see a lot of sweet sights I didn't even know were there, and learn a lot of cool history. Highly recommend, worth the 3 hours for sure! And it's free!

Lynnwood, WA
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“An Absolute Must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

There were 30 of us on this tour...I told myself if it was lame or not well handled I would bail with nothing list but a few minutes of my time. Well, I started and e picked up MORE people on the way.

Pour guide handled the group beautifully. Her voice clear and she was patient while the broad moved through the city.

She made it a point to talk to just about everyone. Very knowledgeable and friendly.

Yes, she did mention BRIEFLY at beginning and end the tip policy...but it was not obtrusive. I highly recommend this to All

1 Thank notsochubby