“Free tour Sydney”

I'm Free Walking Tours
Ranked #31 of 380 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Get to know Sydney like a local, with a local. Your local guides walk every day - rain, hail or shine and there's no booking needed. The Sydney Sights Free Tour starts at 10:30am and 2:30pm from Town Hall Square. 2.5 -3 hour easy walking tour. Join your friendly and knowledgeable local tour guide as we reveal the history, uncover the stories from the lane ways to the icons of Sydney. The Rocks historical tour at 6pm (1.5 hours) in front of Cadman's Cottage in Circular Quay. Site of our first Convict settlement learn about the murders, muggings and mysteries that have shaped our beginnings. How are we Free? We work on a tips only basis, so everyone can enjoy Sydney as much as we do, whatever your budget.
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Super informative tour. A great way to hit all the highlights of the city before starting to walk around the city alone. We learned really special hints of the city and monuments.
The guide was wonderful and funny.
He spoke in a clear and slow english, easy for spanish speakers, like us.

In a place were everything is really expensive is good to have the chance to do this tour and be able to tip the guide at the end of the day with your own possibilities.

2  Thank AngelesY
Write a ReviewReviews (2,059)
All reviews
"three hours"
in 66 reviews
"walking tour of sydney"
in 22 reviews
"great introduction to sydney"
in 27 reviews
"interesting stories"
in 29 reviews
"informative tour"
in 38 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 42 reviews
in 26 reviews
"opera house"
in 50 reviews

Reviewed April 20, 2011

I took some couch-surfers that were staying us on this tour. My guests found in extremely interesting and everyone had a great time. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable, telling stories and pointing out all the sights. Even as a local of Sydney, I saw new places I'd not known existed and found out some interesting facts. I will definitely recommend this tour to any couch-surfers that stay with us in the future, and I may even take the tour again myself.

1  Thank c00p
Reviewed April 19, 2011

You absolutely MUST do this tour your first day in Sydney. Many other tour operators offer tours for $70-$100 but this tour is free. All they ask is that you pay them what you can afford and what you feel the tour was worth. That said, you end up with a tour guide who's putting in 110%. Justine was fantastic-- she knew so much about Sydney's history and architecture and had lots of stories to make things interesting. She was friendly, energetic, had a wonderful sense of humour and was a terrific public speaker. Overall, this was one of the best tours I went on my entire time in Sydney, and I was so glad I did this my first day in Sydney because it helped me plan out what I wanted to see over my entire trip. Great job, Justine!!

Reviewed April 19, 2011

Ross was knowledgeable and enthusiastic and gave us a good insight to the city. It's great that the tour goes twic every day, whatever the weather. No need to book - just roll on up. The three hours went quickly and there was a short stop enroute for toilet and refreshments. Tip whatever you think the tour is worth - you know you'll never pay more than you think you should.

1  Thank Brettsue
See more reviews
Reviewed April 18, 2011

I did this on my first day in Sydney just to get a glimpse of the city. It def exceeded my expectation. The guide, Michelle (founder's sister), is really friendly, informative and energetic. I was lucky to have a small group, about 8-10 people (well, that is small to me anyway). Michelle really gave us quite a few informations and updates that guidebooks could not provide. Some histories are really interesting like "Rum Hospital", "The Opera House". And as Sydneysider herself, she really gave us a good insight.
The tour started at 2:30pm at Town Hall and ended about 5ish at Circular Quay. It was definitely a great thing to do.
Oh and their FREE map is great, informative and (super) useful !!

1  Thank bkkjim1014