“Consistently good, great location”
Review of Cafe Extra

Cafe Extra
Ranked #1,396 of 6,144 Restaurants in Sydney
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Every time we are in Sydney we stop off at Cafe Extra at Circular Quay for brunch. A great people watching spot. The food is fine, reasonably priced, fast and friendly service. On a nice day sitting outside watching the ferries coming and going can't be beat. Love the Canadian brekkie.

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Great food and service was brilliant. Ham and cheese crossiant didn't match with the raw onion laden salad which accompanied it, but hot chocolate was sooooo lovely!!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a great place to stop for brunch before heading on a ferry to Manly or the like. Great menu range and the newspaper menu is a great touch.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

I was searching for a late night meal/snack after a long flight and found cafe extra still open (24hr). Decided to give it a shot and wasn't disappointed by the food. Got something simple, fish and chips. The downfall was the service. Our waitress seemed to preoccupied with something to give us any time. All in all an ok experience and would reccomend if looking for a late night meal.

Reviewed December 16, 2009

I had researched to find a good restaurant for my after Opera House experience and came up with Cafe Extra through Trip Advisor! But couldn't find it!
It's down by the ferry wharfs! - not on the restaurant strip leading from the Opera House. Where all the expensive restaurants are.
Finally found it the next morning - it's open 24 hours - and had a delicious breakfast there.
The staff were very friendly, there were outside smoking and non-smoking areas. The scrambled eggs were great (and in my experience scrambled eggs can be really aweful!!!) but definitely not on the diet (lots of butter!)
I'm looking forward to trying their evening menu, and from what I read I don't think I'll be disappointed.
Excellent service, good position and I couldn't fault the food!