“Port Douglas is what you make it..”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Port Douglas Optional Tour- My Bus Australia
Ranked #236 of 339 Tours in Sydney
Worcester, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Port Douglas is what you make it..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Having looked at other reviews, I thought I better stick up for old Port D,

No it`s not ever going to be a huge buzzing sea side town, with burger bars, Wotney`s-Pale ale (Excuse my Monty Python plz..) and lots of shops selling inflatable penguins for the kids to swim with .. no

What it is, is a very laid back corner of Oz, Plenty of Fresh fish restaurant's, always ask for the daily specials, don`t do the set menu`s, your sure to get a very fresh peace of seafood, small local shops, the odd bar.. and a small beach, they some times have netted off area`s to stop the jelly-fish, but the main beech goes for miles, great spaces, views, fresh air, do as always watch for jelly`s, even on the beech, that have been washed up, but there are plenty of vinegar stops, we always carried a few sachet`s from the hotel, Mystified by that ?, read up people..!!

There are a lot of big hotels near, or on the very cheap shuttle bus, so if u fancy a Al`a-Carte you will find it.

So all-in-all yea do it, but go with the OZ out-look and you wont be disappointed, go with a western, bars clubs pubs load bang-bang music vision...and yea... you get it..

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Steve123_5

Tinton Falls, New Jersey
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I took a day trip here and were told it's where the "locals" vacation because it's a "beautiful beach town". Well, it is a beach town but there is NOTHING going on here. Very sleepy town. Beach is nice but beware of "stingers". We didn't swim because we didn't want to risk getting stung and interrupting our trip. I would skip this stop.

Visited November 2012